• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SmellsHot
    Head Tech
    500+ Posts
    • Dec 2009

4e series randomly entering sleep...

I've seen way to many of these doing this. You can be in the middle of a key stroke and the machine just goes right into sleep mode.....
    It's not a reboot issue.....machine just goes to sleep....W....T.....F.....?
    Anyone else seeing this?
    This is with newest f/w and SSD f/w....
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others
  • stevena86
    Trusted Tech
    100+ Posts
    • Oct 2012

Re: 4e series randomly entering sleep...

Seen it myself, especially at first setup when you're doing the network information or the date/time stuff. Never found a reason, nor really looked as it has never caused a problem yet. Haven't seen it do it once the machine is at the customers location or heard a customer mention that it's done that to them, either.

Comment

• CompyTech
      Super Tech
      500+ Posts
      • Feb 2011

I've seen this a few times too. Probably will be a firmware update for it at some point. MY guess is they're just focused on the SSDB bug and did not fix this one yet.

Comment

• stevena86
        Trusted Tech
        100+ Posts
        • Oct 2012

I'd rather them fix the problems with PaperCut and PSES that the GC8 firmware broke. Having to completely re-do all authentication on those machines when you just update the firmware is a nightmare and a half.

Comment

• wseyller
          Service Manager
          1,000+ Posts
          • Sep 2012

I have also seen this but only once during a setup at the shop. Not sure if firmware had been updated yet prior to this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...