PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub C203 with FK-502, Fax to email, settings?

Custom Search

Laserbeam
04-22-2014, 07:13 AM
Hello,

what settings are necessary, to prevent unnecessary faxes are printed immediately. They should be first forwarded to an email address where they can be opened and printed out if required.

It's a bizhub C203 with Fax-Kit FK-502

Thank's for your help!

stevena86
04-22-2014, 11:26 AM
You need to setup scan-to-email. For that you have to either have an internal SMTP mail server setup and know the correct information.

Or goto GMail and create a free account and use smtp.gmail.com for the Host name. 8.8.8.8 as the primary DNS. Use SSL with port 465 and enter in your correct login information.

You then need to turn on Fax Forwarding. How to do all that is in your manual.

rrrohan
04-22-2014, 12:47 PM
You need to setup scan-to-email. For that you have to either have an internal SMTP mail server setup and know the correct information.

Or goto GMail and create a free account and use smtp.gmail.com for the Host name. 8.8.8.8 as the primary DNS. Use SSL with port 465 and enter in your correct login information.

You then need to turn on Fax Forwarding. How to do all that is in your manual.

you dont have to use the google DNS. you have lower latency using your own ISP DNS server anyway

stevena86
04-22-2014, 01:36 PM
you dont have to use the google DNS. you have lower latency using your own ISP DNS server anyway

I use the google one because it doesn't change and I don't need to know what ISP my customer is using. Just easier for me that way.

emujo
04-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Once you have your email working, go into ADMIN/FAX/FUNCTIONS/RX Forward. Turn it on and select the destination from the address book. You can only select 1 destination with this MFP, but if you need multiple recipients, you can create a "program" one touch with all the necessary recipients, this "program" one touch will be available as a selection in the address book. Emujo

Laserbeam
05-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Now, everything is working fine, after setup "Scan to email" and forwarding Fax to this destination.
Thanks to all who have taken time to help me through their advice.
I really think this is a great forum, as a technician often gave me valuable assistance. It is very helpful to be able to benefit from the experience of others.:)

Custom Search