PDA

View Full Version : C754E Spooling issues

Custom Search

WRZNE
04-25-2014, 12:39 AM
We have a customer who purchased a C754E from us a couple of moths ago. This customer uses it for billing at around 50k pages a month (basically done in 2 jobs of 25k). The issue is they do these massive jobs in a single run as in they send the whole 25k through at once. So what happens is that the machine looks like it is processing the job one page at a time at about a second per page instead of immediately printing. It wont print anything until the entire job is processed by the machine. This happens even with prints of 100 pages so don't let the big numbers influence you too much. Settings for rip to hard drive on both the machine and the driver don't seem to make a difference. Also tried print directly to printer setting and every other option there. This happens with PS and PCL with no noticeable difference. This location has several other models BH423s, C552s, and many different HP printers. None of the other machines exhibit this behavior. We have tried updating firmware and drivers. We have also tried the same job direct to the machine via USB and without using the main network.

An old generic HP driver works perfectly as far as spooling correctly.

In short this is driving me completely crazy. I need fresh ideas!

blackcat4866
04-25-2014, 01:04 AM
In the PostScript emulation, have you tried Print-As-Image?

I haven't had to address this on Konica Minoltas, but on Kyocera I've had to make adjustments to the connection timeout (In Command Center (web interface), Printer, FRPO Parameters, I/F Dependent, I/F Release Timeout J2 set Network from 6 to 12 for 1 min.), or to the host buffer size settings (Web into the printer web page. In FRPO Parameters, I/F Independent, set H8 to 64 or more, Submit, set S5 to 2 (1MB increments), Submit, set M6 to 10 (network printing memory to max), Submit. (Only submit one change at a time.)).

Perhaps Konica Minolta has specific settings for these? =^..^=

rrrohan
04-25-2014, 07:07 PM
In the PostScript emulation, have you tried Print-As-Image?

I haven't had to address this on Konica Minoltas, but on Kyocera I've had to make adjustments to the connection timeout (In Command Center (web interface), Printer, FRPO Parameters, I/F Dependent, I/F Release Timeout J2 set Network from 6 to 12 for 1 min.), or to the host buffer size settings (Web into the printer web page. In FRPO Parameters, I/F Independent, set H8 to 64 or more, Submit, set S5 to 2 (1MB increments), Submit, set M6 to 10 (network printing memory to max), Submit. (Only submit one change at a time.)).

Perhaps Konica Minolta has specific settings for these? =^..^=

whats the document? i have had a customer that did large print jobs as part of Word Mail Merge feature.

it would wait until the last clients letters was spooled before it would print the first clients letter. they had about 600 clients in mail merge so it cause a huge delay

The solution was printing it via a macro which would split each letter into a individual print job

WRZNE
04-25-2014, 07:30 PM
This happens with word and pdf we haven't tried anything else.

dallas
04-26-2014, 10:59 AM
If this are duplex print jobs, change the driver setting in Finishing Tab to "Prioritize Productivity".
Also check in Quality tab the Resolution setting and change, if necessary, to 600 dpi.

pepper38_cnd
04-26-2014, 12:16 PM
You need to set your print output to "Page Print"
Print/Fax Output Settings To display: [Utility][Administrator Settings][System Settings][Output Settings][Print/Fax Output Settings]

rrrohan
04-26-2014, 12:41 PM
You need to set your print output to "Page Print"
Print/Fax Output Settings To display: [Utility][Administrator Settings][System Settings][Output Settings][Print/Fax Output Settings]

thats interesting i have never come across that option before? if it works as advertised that will help resolve slow printing at many customers sites. thanks

RRodgers
04-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Be SURE that collate is NOT checked.

WRZNE
04-28-2014, 09:31 PM
None of this changed its behavior. Still chasing my tail.

pepper38_cnd
04-28-2014, 11:48 PM
It has to be something in the driver, you say a generic HP driver works perfectly? Is that not a possible solution for this job or dose it require color or the use of another printer feature that the HP does not support?

WRZNE
04-28-2014, 11:54 PM
Yes it needs to be color and they use the machines for small jobs in between.

New update my supervisor put in a new main board and now it is throwing error c3401 which we cannot find in the manual.

rrrohan
04-29-2014, 12:19 AM

New update my supervisor put in a new main board and now it is throwing error c3401 which we cannot find in the manual.

How big is print job? You said 25k ?
Is that 1000 sets of a 25 page document?

If so where are you setting how many copies for it to print, in the driver or the app

In regards to board replacment , I think this was in necessary and if it is giving error I'd put the old one back in

And one more thing, are you using PCL or PostScript

pepper38_cnd
04-29-2014, 12:19 AM
This is an "e-Series" machine. Keep in mind you cannot swap boards between machines. If it was in fact a new replacement board, then I believe the procedure is after installing replacement board, is to fire up the machine with the firmware on a jump drive in the service port, after loading firmware and rebooting, you have to copy/restore data from the SDD and then reformat the HDD. I may have missed something ( something about model type) they have changed the procedure more than once I know the service manuals are incorrect at least the ones we have are.

WRZNE
04-29-2014, 12:25 AM
It's supposed to be a direct print job it is one gigantic pdf file.

As to the board replacement I wasn't actually involved in that. It's an ongoing issue and higher ups are getting angry. I think he was just "hoping".

rrrohan
04-29-2014, 12:26 AM
That error is if you don't migrate the data via the enhanced security section in service mode

Did you follow the board replacement procedure in manual?

pepper38_cnd
04-29-2014, 12:28 AM

Wow congratulations! You have a customer running 50K Color on a non production machine! I hope you find a solution soon, this isn't one you want to loose.

WRZNE
04-30-2014, 01:41 AM
Finally got this thing working correctly it was the page print setting on the copier and also the driver needed to be set to productivity. Thanks to you folks for helping me solve this.

Custom Search