PDA

View Full Version : minolta 4000 - shifted copies

Custom Search

printermaster
04-02-2008, 09:45 PM
The copies are incomplete, meaning the printed has actually moved on the page. I have verified paper sizes, margins, user settings, but cannot figure out why the print has moved off the right margin (letter) & the left margin is now about 2 inches wide. No errors, occurs with autodoc feeder also....

mikeena
04-03-2008, 12:43 AM
im kind of confused of what you are saying. is it just the doc feeder or is it on the glass too. there is some adjustments in the service mode for this machine. but i would have to know if this is a glass or adf issue

Scott_Lewis
04-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Sounds like you may have a problem at the sync roller.

Maybe you could clarify your problem for us by telling us which edge of you copy is the leading edge. If the leading edge of your print has no margin, the sync roller may be turning too late. If the leading edge has a big margin, the sync roller may not be stopping to sync the paper.

In either case, I would look at the sync roller clutch as a prime suspect.

Rudi
04-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Yip , Totally Agree With Scott Lewis If It Is Not Through The Feeder It Is The Syncro Clutch .

printermaster
04-03-2008, 03:56 PM
im kind of confused of what you are saying. is it just the doc feeder or is it on the glass too. there is some adjustments in the service mode for this machine. but i would have to know if this is a glass or adf issue

The problem is more pronounced when using the DOC feeder vs the glass top. When feeding via the DOC feeder, the print on the copy has shifted to the left about one inch, so the print is actually cut off on the left & the right side now has an 1.5 inch margin. When copying, using the glasstop the shift is not as severe, the text only moves about a forth of an inch to the left. Thanks..................

mitchl
04-04-2008, 09:01 PM
If the problem showed up all of a sudden most likely Scott nailed it for you, clean or replace reg clutch, reg roller and adjust the registration in the tech rep. mode and your ancient CS pro should be humming again..................... Might be a really good time to upgrade also! Just saying.:rolleyes:

Custom Search