PDA

View Full Version : Life Sucks

Custom Search

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JustManuals
04-25-2014, 09:15 PM
So......yesterday morning at 6AM I'm laying on the operating room table at the local hospital. I was there for an Angiogram. That's where they cut an incision in your groin, cut into the femoral artery and slip a catheter in with a camera and fish it up to the heart to have a look-see. The plan was that if I needed a stent or 2, they would put it in at the same time. A stent is a little thingy that will inflate the artery where it's blocked.
Well, things didn't go as planned. They found so many bad arteries that they couldn't do anything. Now within the next 2 weeks I have to go back to the hospital and have Coronary Bypass Surgery on multiple arteries. I'm a heart attack waiting to happen. I'm told that this is the most common surgery performed in the USA. I'm scared shitless.

ZOOTECH
04-25-2014, 09:23 PM
You'll be just fine, Paul - this is pretty much routine for doctors now, just be sure it's not an intern doing the work.
Maybe now, you'll go easy on the A-holes asking for free manuals and firmware, or bitch about advertising; or maybe not. ;)

DWise
04-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Good luck on the surgery Paul! Hope you recover quickly!

Take care of yourself...

fixthecopier
04-25-2014, 09:49 PM
Before they do anything, make sure the doctor has the correct manual. Good luck to you Paul, you will do great.

gwaddle
04-25-2014, 09:50 PM
I've known a lot of folks who had bypass surgery, Paul. Never a hitch with any of them. You'll be fine. Take care.

MR Bill
04-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Life is a bitch sometime. Best to you Paul.

Tonerbomb
04-25-2014, 10:04 PM
Well that really sucks Paul!! Fortunately this is a very common procedure that goes well for most people!! You'll be A OK! Get well and get back to selling manuals.

P.S. I think I'd give the Doc a free manual..........

sandmanmac
04-26-2014, 12:57 AM
Before they do anything, make sure the doctor has the correct manual. Good luck to you Paul, you will do great.

Now that's what I call 'comic relief'! Very nice.
Best wishes Paul! You'll be back bigger, stronger, and faster in no time!

blackcat4866
04-26-2014, 01:14 AM
We're all rooting for you man. Have a quick recovery. =^..^=

brewster67
04-26-2014, 01:39 AM
My father in-law had multiple bypass surgery in mid February. He is 77 years old and was out of the hospital in under a week and is already out walking 2 to 3 miles a day. Best of luck, hope you bounce back just as well.

NeoMatrix
04-26-2014, 01:43 AM
You'll be fine Paul. As we say here in Oz. No wuckers mate!
(Slang for no wucken forries, which translate to --no f#*%en worries...;))

Look at the bright side Paul, at least now you can prove to all those hard @sses that you have a heart.
You'll have the x-rays to prove it...:o:o:cool:

Speedy recovery soon Paul , else I'll miss all those adverts..... joking....

Iowatech
04-26-2014, 01:45 AM
Good luck!
Also, if this is what it takes to scare you, you're a better man than me.

RRodgers
04-26-2014, 03:51 AM
So......yesterday morning at 6AM I'm laying on the operating room table at the local hospital. I was there for an Angiogram. That's where they cut an incision in your groin, cut into the femoral artery and slip a catheter in with a camera and fish it up to the heart to have a look-see. The plan was that if I needed a stent or 2, they would put it in at the same time. A stent is a little thingy that will inflate the artery where it's blocked.
Well, things didn't go as planned. They found so many bad arteries that they couldn't do anything. Now within the next 2 weeks I have to go back to the hospital and have Coronary Bypass Surgery on multiple arteries. I'm a heart attack waiting to happen. I'm told that this is the most common surgery performed in the USA. I'm scared shitless.

I've been thru SEVERAL heart surgeries my friend. Give me a call if you need anything, better still I might just call ya this weekend.

Hansoon
04-26-2014, 05:49 AM
All the best Paul. Speedy recovery.

Hans

Shadow
04-26-2014, 09:05 AM
take it easy Paul, they know what their doing.

Hay guys, do you think we could write a manual for the doctors before he goes in for the surgery?
I'm sure it would help out the doc a lot!!!!!

Debs1964
04-26-2014, 10:11 AM
You'll be fine Paul, at least they caught it in time to be able to do the bypass. With my dad they left that too late, he has had 4 heart attacks and 3 or 4 operations for stents, I would have much preferred him to have had the bypass surgery when he needed it

mohan
04-26-2014, 11:00 AM

Wishing a quick recovery.

paulrid
04-26-2014, 11:26 AM
All the best Paul.

fbkhan3
04-26-2014, 02:57 PM
Get well soon Paul...

All the best for you

Good Luck..!

Eric1968
04-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Of course you are afraid! Everyone else would also be afraid when you're facing this kind of surgery. But they do this countless times every day in the world, so you would be allright.

I'm wishing you all the best and get well very soon!!

Eric

Brian8506
04-26-2014, 03:45 PM
We're all pulling for you Paul

KapeKopyTek
04-26-2014, 04:04 PM
Might as well do a firmware update while they're in there mucking about......

Good luck. I don't know if this qualifies as a "routine" surgery, but it seems like a common enough procedure that the docs are well versed in it. Always scarey to be on the receiving end though. Hang in there.

slimslob
04-26-2014, 04:24 PM
Recover quickly Paul. A friend of mine when we were in the Army Reserves was having difficulty breathing after a three mile run. S couple of the unit members talked him into going to the doctor the on Monday. The doctor slapped him in the hospital for triple bypass surgery. Apparently he had had a mini heart attack while running. He's fine now and you will be also.

Maybe now, you'll go easy on the A-holes asking for free manuals and firmware, or bitch about advertising; or maybe not. ;)

Maybe he can, but we don't have to.

JustManuals
04-26-2014, 07:27 PM
Thank you all for the good wishes and encouragement. It's very appreciated. The hospital has wi-fi so I'll be able to use my laptop there when I feel like it. I'll be in the hospital for 5-7 days and then maybe a rehab place for 2 weeks or they'll send me home. We live in a 2 story house and the computers are upstairs, so once I go up I won't be coming down so soon. I gotta quit smoking this week. I can do it. I have to. I was pleasently shocked to see 22 replies to my post. Again, thank you all!

Paul

KenB
04-26-2014, 08:36 PM
You will come through just fine.

God bless you, my friend! ;)

nmfaxman
04-27-2014, 02:43 AM
Relax and enjoy the rest.
Not to mention the gnarly drugs you get during recovery.

Try vapor smoking to help quit burning smoke.

All the best Paul.
What happened to "What, Me Worry?"

MjarbarV2.0
04-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Just read the post Paul and wish you all the best, you will be on the road to recovery in no time.

While in the hospital just remember to hold an arm across your forehead while a nurse is near and repeat " oh woe is me..." It will get you loads of attention from the cute ones :D

harleyrider
04-28-2014, 02:07 PM
You will do fine! Everyone I know who has had this done says they feel better than ever after this has been done.

rthonpm
04-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Best of luck Paul, before you know it you'll feel better than you have in years.

To everybody, since Paul may not be as active for a few weeks, be sure to copy his ad and paste it into some of the 'why would anyone who has ever seen this machine be asking this' posts we always seem to get...

HenryT2
04-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Keep doin' your thing Paul ..... Don't let this get in the way of enjoying LIFE !
As so many have already mentioned, this is apparently a common procedure now.
A good friend ( 82 years YOUNG ) had this done several years ago. He was back to playing golf in just a couple of months.

We all know that you will get through this; and be back to normal ( ? ) very soon .

copyguy1
04-28-2014, 09:52 PM
Good luck Paul.

Lagonda
04-28-2014, 11:16 PM
Mate, we all hope your back on deck real soon but if the unthinkable happens and you end up on the other side of The Great Divide could you look up Chester Carlson and give him a swift kick in the balls on behalf of all of us?

jcontractor
04-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Get well soon.
Good luck.

knightfall
04-29-2014, 03:21 AM
Don't worry this will be over before you know it, what don't kill you makes you stronger.
Best of luck go with you.

NeoMatrix
04-29-2014, 08:31 AM
Mate, we all hope your back on deck real soon but if the unthinkable happens and you end up on the other side of The Great Divide could you look up Chester Carlson and give him a swift kick in the balls on behalf of all of us?

I'm sure if the unthinkable did happen St Peter would tell Paul to stand outside the Perly Gates and wait till he's finished downloading Pauls life Manual. No payment required Paul,you're covered.

I'm sure St Pete will find everything in order Paul and send you right back here just to torment sh!t out of all of us on CTN.:o:o:p

We're all with you Mate!, get well soon...

bipc
04-29-2014, 01:12 PM
:) you will be OK my friend, just remember that more important than the surgery is to change what brought you to it ;) change some habits and you will live long and well, and w'ill be here waiting for you

mikadonovan
04-29-2014, 05:42 PM
As an active member of the American legion (which is comprised primarily of older people like yourself), I have several comrades that have had bypasses over the years, and every single one of them came through without a hitch. Just think how much energy and good feeling you are going to have after you get decent blood flow again. No fear necessary for this (probably easier said than done):)

JustManuals
04-29-2014, 07:39 PM
:) you will be OK my friend, just remember that more important than the surgery is to change what brought you to it ;) change some habits and you will live long and well, and w'ill be here waiting for you

Yes, I know I have to make some major changes in my lifestyle. I quit smoking on Sunday morning. 45 years a smoker. I hear walking is the best thing for me and I guess I'll have to cut out bacon and all those foods that are bad for me as well. We're going to meet the surgeon on Thursday morning.

Paul

kei9tha
04-29-2014, 09:51 PM
I guess I'll have to cut out bacon

Paul you never cut out bacon, you just buy the really expensive stuff and enjoy a piece or two once in a while, but NEVER cut out bacon. good luck

MjarbarV2.0
04-29-2014, 10:02 PM
I guess I'll have to cut out bacon
Paul

Cut out bacon...oh gawd I've come over all faint...:D

NeoMatrix
04-29-2014, 10:53 PM
Yes, I know I have to make some major changes in my lifestyle. I quit smoking on Sunday morning. 45 years a smoker. I hear walking is the best thing for me and I guess I'll have to cut out bacon and all those foods that are bad for me as well. We're going to meet the surgeon on Thursday morning.

Paul

Re quit smoking .
My father in-law smoked for 35 years, he went down to the shops and bought two tins of tabaco.
When he returned home he placed both tins on top of the refridgerator in full view; turned to his wife and I said ,"that is the last time I will ever smoke again." He's now 82 years old and fine for his age. He told everyone that "while ever he had tabaco in the house he didn't feel the urge to smoke." His psychology must have worked, he hasn't had a smoke for some 25-30 odd years...

People sometimes ask me do you smoke, I say "only when I don't use vasoline or KY jell"....:p ... old joke....sorry...

bipc
04-30-2014, 10:36 AM

Paul

thatīs great to hear, just relax from now on, walk a lot and smell the flowers and do like kei9tha said, donīt cut completely, learn to enjoy the best of it once in a while and compensate for it, a little good bacon today a little bigger walk on a great place tomorrow ;) every weekend i try to go for a drive and walk a little somewhere nice and the US has many beautiful little cities inviting to a walk around, from now on your life quality will improve :)

Setright
05-01-2014, 02:29 PM
As many have said, this is almost "routine" and nothing to worry about...but I can understand why you might worry anyway. Don't beat yourself up about feeling a little anxious every now and then, but try to focus on the outcome: A fitter, healthier you!

Let us all know how you are doing after the big day.

blackcat4866
05-01-2014, 11:31 PM
We're all behind you Paul. Good luck, and keep us posted. =^..^=

slimslob
05-01-2014, 11:47 PM
Paul,

I think you are more scared of just having surgery than you are of the particular surgery. Don't let worry you. Not having the surgery would be the thing to worry about.

Tonerbomb
05-02-2014, 12:14 AM
Paul,

I think you are more scared of just having surgery than you are of the particular surgery. Don't let worry you. Not having the surgery would be the thing to worry about.

Paul I agree with slimslob, not having it would be the thing to worry 'bout. Unfortunately the haven't invented Drano for the human blood stream yet...........So have the surgery so you can get back to doing what you do best!!!!!!!!!!!! Selling manuals

nmfaxman
05-02-2014, 02:40 AM
You really need someone to post as soon as you get out of surgery to let us all know you are OK.

Pulling for you and concerned for your welfare.

You will be OK.

Never give up, never surrender!

HenryT2
05-02-2014, 04:58 PM
I just came back from meeting the surgeon. I'm having the surgery on Tuesday May 6. The no-smoking is going well and I'm scared shitless. But we liked the Dr. with his cowboy boots and suede jacket. ( WHAT ; you didn't mention a 10 gallon hat ) I have full faith and confidence in him.

Thank you all for the good wishes.

Paul

Congratulations on the NO-SMOKE situation ( I know from experience that is a tough one ) !

It's OK to be scared , any of us would be ; but , that faith you spoke about will get you through .
Besides , all of here on CTN are praying for you and KNOW that you will be able to handle this .

P.S.
Now that you are dealing in some Medical STUFF .... you may be able to add some health or medical manuals to your site .
A lot of us could use the HEALTH manuals ........

Good Luck Paul !

copiman
05-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Hey Paul,

I had surgery once, and only once. In my case, my choices were surgery or probably die. Well, I chose surgery. Was I scared? HELL YES!!! Anyone who would say otherwise is either a liar or not all there.

You will be fine. Go in there, get the surgery, kick back and enjoy the being waited on. Oh, I almost forgot, you get good meds while your there to. Were praying for you.

Give us a post when you are laying around after the surgery. Oh, I forgot, you will be high (legally). Have someone else do it.

slimslob
05-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Oh, I forgot, you will be high (legally). Have someone else do it.

It might be more interesting if he does it himself.

Custom Search