PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C220 DF-617 Auto Original Stop Position Adj. error "unable" for Main scanning 1 & 2

Custom Search

Choclit007
04-25-2014, 10:25 PM
I am preparing a used C220 with 158K copies for resale & am going thru adjustments to ensure everything is ok.
Copies off the Glass are properly aligned but thru the doc feeder the image shifts up about 6mm.
The centering screws on the document guide are in the middle.

When I try the Auto Original Stop Position Adjustments (with the A4 alignment chart!) the Sub-scan 1 & 2 sides give me OK results but the Main scan adjustments both indicate 'unable'.

I checked the other available adjustments for the ADF with no better results afterwards.

If I open the side guides up and slide the chart off center to the front a few mm's then I can get an OK response but that doesn't resolve the issue - seems to confirm that some kind of centering value is shifted however I cannot find any centering adjustment other than the doc guide plate & it doesn't move far enough.

Any ideas?

Choclit007
04-25-2014, 11:25 PM
(Update) OK so I went back to the manual and found this:

ADF Original stop position - to manually adjust ..... when the result is UNABLE...

Result - no go. I entered all values from 4.4 thru -4.4 in 0.4 increments and always 'unable' was the result.
Copies are offset 3mm at the -4.4 value to 12mm at 4.4.
There isn't enough range to correct the deviation.

BTW I did update to G00-D2 firmware before I started adjustments.

blackcat4866
04-26-2014, 01:23 AM
Check the centering adjustment in the paper trays.

I know this is counter-intuitive, but think of it this way:
Let's say that the guides in the paper trays are mechanically adjusted all the way to the front, and the print centering compensates back to center the image. Now the document feeder may not have as much centering adjustment, so the lowest possible value is not low enough.

So I'm recommending that you center out the mechanical adjustments in the paper trays, then re-adjust the print image back to center. Now try the document processor adjustment. I'm thinking you'll be a lot closer. =^..^=

Zeldaman
04-27-2014, 03:05 PM
Hi there!
Check the width-sensor-assy. Had 2 times the problem, one time the sensor-assy was gone, the other case the teeth were not in the correct position. Hope this will help.
Greetings...

occus
04-30-2014, 10:10 AM
Try to make the centering adjustments step by step in the correct order!

Start Word and make a print with a frame 10mm, print this simplex and duplex from every paper source

1. Print adjustments
2. Scan adjustments (original glass)
3. ADF adjustments

Forget the automatic stop setting... i never use this function, always manual.

After this procedure, your machine prints and makes copies very exactly.

emujo
04-30-2014, 03:15 PM
May be a stupid point, but when you run that chart, it has to be face up or face down depending on the test. Emujo

Choclit007
05-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the responses. The issue is now solved - it was the guides & a jumped gear.
All adjustments are now completed successfully & no more offset.
Thanks again.

Custom Search