PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 363 will not print from a PC

Custom Search

richmods
04-28-2014, 10:44 PM
I have a bizhub 363 that works perfectly except for when you try to send a print job to it from a computer. I have checked all the settings, re-installed drivers, and verified settings on the PC. What happens is that when a print job is sent to the copier, the data light starts flashing (locking up the keypad) and never prints. The print job cannot be viewed in the job que because the machine locks up but I can clear the data error in service mode which unlocks the machine again only to have this cycle repeat itself with each print job. Any help would be appreciated.

edit: I also brought my own laptop and hooked up to the network, loaded the driver with the same result as the customer. I did this to eliminate the PC being the issue. The customer has only one PC that prints to the copier (small account).

wseyller
04-29-2014, 12:30 AM
Have you tried a direct print from page scope web

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

richmods
04-29-2014, 12:49 AM

Haven't tried that but worth a shot...will have to do some research on that as I am not familiar with it...will try that Wednesday when I return.

wseyller
04-29-2014, 01:22 AM
Also you say you eliminated the PC as the problem but did you eliminate the customers network. I would print to the copier with a laptop using a cat 5 cable connected directly to it.

grimreeper
04-29-2014, 08:35 AM
Hi have you tried configuring the laptop directly to the MFP by changing your network settings on your PC to comm with the MFP and try printing via IP once you are able to ping the MFP and vice versa please make certain you are using the correct driver for the OS you are printing from and sometimes the you need to toggle between VXL, PCL, PS drivers depending on apps and OS make certain bit rate is correct eg. 64/32bit.

Good luck.:confused:

rrrohan
04-29-2014, 03:59 PM

printing a config page via Page Scope wont prove anything as it doesnt use a driver

its the same as printing it from the touch panel on the copier

as others have suggested isolate it from users network.

get a usb hub or just a cross over cable and configure to match network settings of copier and confirm you can ping.

then install it on your laptop and use the PCL driver

If this works you have confirmed its not a fault with copier

next i would see if you can access page scope from a users PC (with machine back on customers network obviously)

hopefully the printer driver is installed on a server so get IT to do a Test page, this rules out a document related issue with printing

ive had this in the past where printer was installed locally on each workstation and client was using a C451 series driver on a C452

I deleted them all re installed a PCL driver and that resolved issue

emujo
04-29-2014, 05:42 PM
It doesn't sound like a connectivity issue, as the data light is flashing...the job history should show the reason for deletion, but my guess would be that a loss of SNMP communication is causing a configuration conflict in the driver. Possibly it believes user authentication or account track is on and is deleting the job due to a login error. Driver properties, configure tab and see what is reflected in the config summery there. Try to get a new "device settings" and if it fails that's where I would start. A faulty switch or cable can also cause some issues that look like driver problems. As posted earlier, a direct connection from your laptop to the device can help rule out these issues. Emujo

ZOOTECH
04-29-2014, 05:52 PM
I have a bizhub 363 that works perfectly except for when you try to send a print job to it from a computer. I have checked all the settings, re-installed drivers, and verified settings on the PC. What happens is that when a print job is sent to the copier, the data light starts flashing (locking up the keypad) and never prints. The print job cannot be viewed in the job que because the machine locks up but I can clear the data error in service mode which unlocks the machine again only to have this cycle repeat itself with each print job. Any help would be appreciated.

edit: I also brought my own laptop and hooked up to the network, loaded the driver with the same result as the customer. I did this to eliminate the PC being the issue. The customer has only one PC that prints to the copier (small account).

Are you able to ping the MFP address with good reply? If so, disconnect the CAT5 and ping again - good reply? - then you have an address conflict.
And, I agree with others that a crossover cable will help isolate the trouble.

richmods
04-30-2014, 11:43 PM
Also you say you eliminated the PC as the problem but did you eliminate the customers network. I would print to the copier with a laptop using a cat 5 cable connected directly to it.

yes, already did that. I also installed a bizhub c353 as a loaner and it works fine so it is definately a copier issue

richmods
04-30-2014, 11:45 PM
Are you able to ping the MFP address with good reply? If so, disconnect the CAT5 and ping again - good reply? - then you have an address conflict.
And, I agree with others that a crossover cable will help isolate the trouble.

I tried that also as I originally thought it was a IP conflict.

rrrohan
05-01-2014, 12:46 AM
if you plug in a USB thumb disk and try to print a saved document does it lock up?

if it does you can rule out any network being at fault

SmellsHot
05-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Did you install a new printer driver for the loaner? The C353 does not come with "auto" obtain features enabled. As the 363 has "auto " obtain enabled when the driver is installed. As mentioned, if user authentication or account tracks are enabled, the job will get to the machine, data light will flash, and machine will delete the print job.
Make sure that in the printer driver that these are NOT enabled. And also if data light is flashing, check the job history for details.
The printing with a USB stick is probably the easy way to narrow things down....

richmods
05-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Did you install a new printer driver for the loaner? The C353 does not come with "auto" obtain features enabled. As the 363 has "auto " obtain enabled when the driver is installed. As mentioned, if user authentication or account tracks are enabled, the job will get to the machine, data light will flash, and machine will delete the print job.
Make sure that in the printer driver that these are NOT enabled. And also if data light is flashing, check the job history for details.
The printing with a USB stick is probably the easy way to narrow things down....

Yes, I did install new drivers for the c353 and I never use auto obtain...I usually use an IP at the very end of the allowed range and manually input the network settings including subnet, gateway, and DNS. I have not checked account track authentication so I will check into that tomorrow. It has to be something stupid that I am just overlooking.

richmods
05-01-2014, 09:05 PM
if you plug in a USB thumb disk and try to print a saved document does it lock up?

if it does you can rule out any network being at fault

I am not sure how printing from a usb drive on the copier rules out the network being the issue? I have already ruled out the network by installing a different copier using the same IP address. The replacement works fine.

grimreeper
05-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Hi if you say you done all the above then you are going to have change the main board but before you do that do trouble reset as well as a system error clear as well as a nic recovery and see if that works. Good luck:confused:

pepper38_cnd
05-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Try changing the NIC speed from Auto 10/100/1G to Auto 10/100 then reboot the machine. I have seen this many times if the NIC and switch both support 1G but all the cabling isn't cat5e or cat6 the data light will flash forever and no print jobs. It can be a simple as the patch cable at the copier or the switch is only cat5.

SmellsHot
05-02-2014, 06:08 PM
When I said "auto" I didn't mean DHCP. It's actually a setting in the printer driver.
And the USB thing was meant to read, if the problem occurs when using the USB thumb drive port to print then you know that it is not the network, but something to do with processing on the machine. More than likely the MFPB...

copierguru
05-03-2014, 04:31 PM
My guess is corrupt hdd. Try formatting it or unsetting it

Downunder
05-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Change the MFB Board -- Right hand side of copier under the scanner area. Might also be nvrm.

richmods
10-08-2014, 11:29 PM
sorry for the delay...I ran across this while browsing for answers on another issue. The answer to this issue was that "allow unauthenticated users to print" was set to "restrict". This caused any print job to be deleted since authentication was not being used. Hope that helps anyone who has had this happen...kind of a dumb problem but these little things can cause headaches sometimes.

JR2ALTA
10-09-2014, 12:48 AM
That wouldn't lock the machine up. Your "locks the machine" crappola is why no one suggested that obvious solution.

richmods
10-09-2014, 04:00 PM
That wouldn't lock the machine up. Your "locks the machine" crappola is why no one suggested that obvious solution.

I don't really care why nobody suggested the "obvious". I simply posted my findings....if you want to be a dick...go be a dick somewhere else.

emujo
10-09-2014, 07:19 PM
Don't be too harsh, how many "tech/IT" induced problems have you run into? Some of my biggest headaches have come from a tech changing a setting and not "mentioning" the change. Emujo

darthvapour
10-09-2014, 07:23 PM
This reminds me of a problem I had on an MFD years ago.
I could get it on the network and ping it, loaded drivers but it just wouldn't print.
Lights flashed receiving data and the job would be deleted with no log.
Turned out it didn't have a pcl board installed just the standard Canon UFR II.
Same fault on a different device some years earlier there was no print board installed at all.
Just my 2pence worth but might be worth looking at the print board.
I have no knowledge on the bizhubs so what I have said may not apply but I hope it helps.

Custom Search