PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 601 jam in fuser

Custom Search

brent
04-29-2014, 05:30 PM
I have always been able to fix these fuser related turn over jams. by replacing the one ways and the sponge roller and other roller. but today that is not the case. I can make single copies. and when I duplex or do a multi feed from doc feeder it sticks every time. even tried a different fuser. same thing. the werid thing is the solenoid that runs the gate doesn't seem to be working. probably because the paper has not made it to that point. any suggestions? as I am questioning my fixing ability today.. lol thanks
brent

emujo
04-29-2014, 05:36 PM
Check one of the jam access covers for broken return springs, not on the fuser itself, but on the turnover section. I've seen the spring tangs break, and it's not readably visible on a cursory inspection. Emujo

brent
04-29-2014, 06:01 PM
the spring is good. I looked at it today to see what actuates is. it is not solenoid driven I guess
I am at a loss right now. other then the machine is down

brent

emujo
04-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Could be the turnover motor...especially with one sided, have you pulled that turnover assy and looked at the mylars for nicks? Emujo

brent
04-29-2014, 09:42 PM
headed out to swap the turn over motor. good thinking. what a pain to remove one.
sheesh. I will report back

brent

emujo
04-29-2014, 10:50 PM
BTW, the springs I'm speaking of only hold the access cover plate in place, when they break, the plate will not press down hard enough and the paper doesn't pass through properly. They aren't actuated by anything, just maintain proper pressure to the guide plate. One on front and rear sides, pretty large, but easy to miss on a quick once over looking for problems. Emujo

brent
04-29-2014, 11:11 PM
its kind of a stinker. because the motor swap did not work. but it seems as if the first sheet and second sheet are coliding right in the turn over section. one time the paper was stuck on that white finger gate. but usually it will just get stuck as the paper goes between that sponge roller and the guideplate that moves. pretty much every copy. even wen I make it output to the top tray. single copies are fine. but 2 or more just stick because of pagination.. any thoughts before I replace the whole paper transport?

brent

copier addict
04-30-2014, 12:30 AM
The black guide in the turnover section has a little spring on it (at the back). I have seen this spring fall off and cause jam problems. I have also seen the sensor flag get broken and cause problems as well.
Hope this helps.

Synaux
04-30-2014, 01:55 AM
This may sound like voodoo, but try some thick paper. I had a somewhat similar issue on a 601 and could not figure out what it was (and never did), but I decided to run some thick stock through the machine and everything worked after that. I am guessing there was some debris or something that regular paper couldn't dislodge.

Jamz
04-30-2014, 02:27 AM
Without knowing the jam code, did you check the bracket that holds the actuator for the exit sensor? It's the one right under the fuser and actually located on the ADU. Sometimes that bracket cracks and the actuator doesn't function correctly. If you remove the fuser it is easier to see if there is a crack. The first time I had this it took me a while to find the problem too.

JR2ALTA
04-30-2014, 04:09 AM
Maybe I'm missing something but it sounds like the common issue of damaged mylar in the exit section. There is one exit path for single side, one for duplex. That's why one works and the other doesn't.

Pull away finisher and remove left cover to access. Exit unit comes out with 4 screws. Should be a 15 minute job, but look closely, the damaged mylar can be hard to spot.

Downunder
05-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Does the copier jam when used in the face up mode. If it doesn't jam then I would suspect the mylars in the entrance to the adu unit (white idle rollers on plate). The plate is accessed from under the ADU. Screw in the front and rear. Might need to loosen a few of the other screws on the left-hand side front plate which will allow you to spread the frame on the ADU so you can pull the plate out. Remove all the mylars on the plate, runs fine without them.

Zackuth
05-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Maybe I'm missing something but it sounds like the common issue of damaged mylar in the exit section. There is one exit path for single side, one for duplex. That's why one works and the other doesn't.

Pull away finisher and remove left cover to access. Exit unit comes out with 4 screws. Should be a 15 minute job, but look closely, the damaged mylar can be hard to spot.

I had the same problem and a flipped mylar in the exit section was the answer.

Custom Search