PDA

View Full Version : C654 not resetting K Drum counter when replaced

Custom Search

rrrohan
04-30-2014, 10:39 AM
I got a odd one

K Drum for a C654 was due. so replaced it how ever the counter didnt reset and it was still warning it was due.

Its obviously reading the chip as if it wasnt it would complain that the Drum was not installed
If it was the incorrect Drum it would also think Drum was not installed

So i installed a 2nd one and it still has same problem

I was going to test it in another one of the customers machines but wasnt sure how the chip operates
Is it a Fuse thats blows intiating the machines life counter or does it actual store the life count on the chip?

In case it was a fuse i didnt try it for obvious reasons.

I really doubt 2 brand new K Drums both have a fault but I cant really think of anything on the machine that would be causing issues.

if somone can confirm how the chip and count reset works that would be helpful

EarthKmTech
04-30-2014, 11:54 AM
replace the developing unit, problem solved, had it before.

its not a chip, its a smd fuse (life reset) and resistor (value dictates drum model)

rrrohan
04-30-2014, 12:13 PM
replace the developing unit, problem solved, had it before.

its not a chip, its a smd fuse (life reset) and resistor (value dictates drum model)

Thanks will do

RRodgers
04-30-2014, 01:50 PM
If there is an image problem the counter won't reset when you install a new part. Let's say you have a bad cleaning blade on a transfer belt, when the machine fires up and runs it's calibrations that would cause it to fail, if you happen to put in a new drum when the transfer belt blade is bad (or even when another drum is bad) the counter will not reset. It MUST finish a calibration cycle and be sure all is ok.

rrrohan
05-01-2014, 12:53 AM
If there is an image problem the counter won't reset when you install a new part. Let's say you have a bad cleaning blade on a transfer belt, when the machine fires up and runs it's calibrations that would cause it to fail, if you happen to put in a new drum when the transfer belt blade is bad (or even when another drum is bad) the counter will not reset. It MUST finish a calibration cycle and be sure all is ok.

yeah i checked gradations and let it run its stabilization again.

all ok and no P codes.

Im going to give it a new Dev Unit today and will let you know the outcome

rrrohan
05-04-2014, 03:46 PM
turned out one of the 3 metal contact on the DEV had bented

bending back into place resolved issue

feel bit silly for not checking that. i just figured if it was able to read the drum was installed by registering the chip that there was nothing wrong with that.

EarthKmTech
05-06-2014, 07:04 AM
had that before too.

Its also possible to occur on the toner cartridge contact pins too and you will have a machine requesting a toner replacement even with a new toner installed.

Custom Search