PDA

View Full Version : C550 P-14 Skewed color registration

Custom Search

copierwhisper
04-30-2014, 07:16 PM
Hello All!

I have two C550 with P-14 codes, they both cannot print color registration/alignment correctly. They both have new images units, transfer belts and I have tried PH in one of them and cannot make any head way. None of the adjustments in service mode even make a change in the condition...your help is needed and appreciated!

minimerlin
04-30-2014, 08:01 PM
have you loaded latest firmware?

copierwhisper
04-30-2014, 09:03 PM
I loaded the latest firmware, cleaned the IDC sensors and shutters, performed skew adjustment and reseated the PH. I pulled all the connectors off the PH relay board and reconnected....no change. I'm thinking I should change the PH relay board next...

darry1322
04-30-2014, 09:21 PM
Had a C452 with on and off registration problems. I replaced the PH relay board and the belt registration sensors for the final fix.

Dougtech
05-01-2014, 05:23 AM
I had this on a C550 before - replaced the front and back IDCS sensors and fixed my problem - book recommends replacing transfer belt at same time - that's is up to you as mine worked without new belt, my belt was relatively new though.

copier tech
05-01-2014, 09:55 AM
There is a specific firmware update for P-14 issues, this is not the same as the latest Engine f/w

copierwhisper
05-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Copier Tech- is the firmware something other than R6? If
so can you offer specific details? Thanks!

copier tech
05-01-2014, 05:29 PM
This is what i was thinking of:

Sub Category
Hardware

Title
P-14(Skew correction trouble) issue

Language
English

Release date
2010-09-30

Description
[Symptom]
When the alert code P-14 is detected after a PH unit or an IU is replaced, color registration error or skewed image may occur.

[Cause]
In the current machine control system, the P-14 appears on the panel if the skew adjustment value is outside of the adjustable range of skew after the image stabilization sequence. In this case, the machine control system recognizes an abnormal state and then the skew adjustment control is not performed completely. As the result, the skew adjustment value does not change from the value before the stabilization. For the reason, if the target value of skew adjustment is greatly changed after replacing a PH unit or an IU, not only P-14 is detected but also color registration error or skewed image occurs.

[Countermeasure]
MFP controller FW was modified.
The skew adjustment control is not stopped even if the P-14 is detected. So, the skew adjustment that reflects the stabilization result can be applied as much as possible within the adjustable range.

Version: GSE-R6 (Base: GSC-R6)

* MFP controller FW which release in the future include this modification.
* This version FW include that the adjustment range of skew is made wider (DLBT0900387EN*).

[Action in field]
When the P-14 appears on the panel and color registration error or skewed image occurs, please apply this FW first. When this FW is applied, color registration error and skewed image can be improved but the P-14 may not disappear. If there is a large gap between the target value of skew adjustment level and the maximum adjustable value, color registration error or skewed image stays. In such case, please replace the IU(black) or PH unit.

*** Attention ***
Please confirm whether the skew adjustment value of machine and the values on the label affixed on the PH unit are same. If they are different, they MUST be corrected first.

copier tech
05-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Or this one mentions the firmware:

P-14 at power up possibly with incorrect color registration (P-21 and/or P-22 may also be indicated). PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Soiled/dirty IDC Registration sensor(s).
Clean IDC Registration sensor/F (IDCS/F) and IDC Registration sensor/R (IDCS/R).

2. Failing or failed IDC Registration sensors (IDC Registration sensor/F and IDC Registration sensor/R).
Replace both IDC Registration sensors (p/n V869 9000 45).

3. Low level of firmware.
Update firmware level to most current level available. A printer file only firmware for use after installation of G00-R5 called GC1-22 corrects false P-14 codes (see attached documentation). The latest version firmware or system software is available via the Konica Minolta Download Selector. Access the Selector from SSD Web Support (CS Expert Support) by clicking on 'Download MSDS, Drivers, Firmware and more'.
Note: If the problem is not corrected, replace the Imaging Unit (IU).
CYAN - p/n A0600JF
MAGENTA - p/n A0600DF
YELLOW - p/n A06007F
BLACK - p/n A06003F

4. Failed print head relay board.
Note: Code may occur after stabilization runs. Performing the color alignment adjustment does not correct the problem.
Replace the print head relay board (p/n A00J H003 00). The print head relay board is also referred to as REYB/PH or PWB-J.
Be sure to check Imaging Unit(s) and replace if necessary. Target the Black Imaging Unit which is the most common cause of the P-14 code.

5. The Color Alignment Adjustment was not performed during setup.
Note: Code may be indicated after a new setup.
Perform the Color Alignment Adjustment:
a. Enter Service mode.
b. Select Machine.
c. Select and perform the Color Alignment Adjustment.
d. Exit Service mode and cycle the power.
Also, please make sure to check the Imaging Unit(s) and replace if necessary. Target Black Imaging Unit which is the most common cause of the P-14 code.

6. The Skew adjustment needs to be performed.
Perform the following skew adjustment procedure:
a. Enter Tech Rep mode.
b. Select Machine.
c. Skew Adjustment.
d. Perform the procedure as outlined in the Service Manual or refer to the attached documentation.

7. Skew correction values not optimum.
Set skew correction values to 50 instead of values printed on PH assembly. Check the value for Magenta laser which should be 236 as printed on label on PH assembly. Any value for Magenta PH skew lower than 212, excluding 0, allows the unit to function normally.

8. Incorrect machine setup (new install).
Use the following Troubleshooting steps when machine is installed, as recommended by Konica Minolta (Japan):
a. Perform 'Skew adjustment reset'.
b. Perform 'Initialize + Image Stabilization'.
c. Install firmware version GC1-22. Go to step d if not recovered.
d. Change the IU-Black.
e. Perform 'Skew adjustment reset'.
f. Perform 'Initialize + Image Stabilization'. Go to step g if not recovered.
g. Confirm whether the values of Skew adjustment and PH unit are the same.

If they are the same, go to step j if not recovered.

If they are different, input the value of the PH unit in the panel then go to step h.

h. Perform 'Skew adjustment reset'.
i. Perform 'Initialize + Image Stabilization': Go to step j if not recovered.
j. Change the PH unit.
k. Input the value of the PH unit in the panel.
l. Perform 'Skew adjustment reset'.
m. Perform 'Initialize + Image Stabilization'.

copierwhisper
05-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Ok. I replaced the following: PWB-J (PH relay board), print head, transfer belt, black image unit and both IDC sensors... I performed all the adjustments (ie. skew adj) and no
change in conditions. Once I changed all the values for the PH Skew to 50 and performed skew adj. and image stabilization/initialization, cycled power and that brought the age into alignment! So it now looks good, but why did that work and will it last???

copier tech
05-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Wow a lot of expensive parts on an old machine like this!?

I would have tried a few other things first, skew adjust, gradation/initialize & a system clear.

But is is all working now which is the main thing & yes I can't see why it would fail again.

copierwhisper
05-02-2014, 06:04 PM
I did try all those things except the all clear... I think it's strange that setting the skew values to 50 made it work...they called back today and said when printing some of the image has a strange background issue.

copier tech
05-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Always worth doing doing an all clear, you can back up the address book & network settings first then simply restore them after. If they still have an CQ issue call them up ask them to do a gradation ajust in user mode might save you a visit!

Custom Search