PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c224e, FS533 (internal finisher) stacking/offset sort issue.

Custom Search

copytechman
05-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Hello all, I come to humbly request assistance. I have a c224e where the internal finisher doesn't always pull the paper back in with the first sheet in the stack (for sort offset/stapling) most but not all the time. The finisher is practically brand new. I have confirmed it is in the finisher because I pulled it and tried it on another machine in my office. These "baby" finishers are hard to check in operation due to how crammed it is together. I tried multiple paper types and weight settings without change. I added weights to the exit/reverse roller arm and it still does it. Replaced the alignment rollers / guides, no change.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. I even disengaged the white flappers that "assist" in pushing the paper down. That made it worse I believe. It looks like the paper hangs up as it drops down but I haven't seen or felt anything that it can be hanging on. Firmware is @ c8, and I have another identical machine that doesn't do this. I even compared the paper present sensors arm spring pressure (to the good one). Visual comparison doesn't come up with anything obvious!

Help!

A.

rrrohan
05-01-2014, 01:52 PM
This is the exact fault I have never been able to fix. Interesting its occurring on a new finisher for you. Mine have always had over 300k on them so I guess you have just confirmed it not anything worn out.

copytechman
05-01-2014, 01:56 PM
This is the exact fault I have never been able to fix. Interesting its occurring on a new finisher for you. Mine have always had over 300k on them so I guess you have just confirmed it not anything worn out.

Thats dandy! Jeez! Hope someone else has info too! 300k eh? Ours is basically brand new.

Regards!

A.

SmellsHot
05-01-2014, 07:31 PM
There's something on the KMBS SSD site about ripping out the mylars. Just search SSD and it'll come up

copytechman
05-01-2014, 08:39 PM
There's something on the KMBS SSD site about ripping out the mylars. Just search SSD and it'll come up

I have access to the ssd, last time I checked I didn't see anything on there about that finisher. You think you could point me in the right direction? I'll check again as well tho.

regards!

A.

EarthKmTech
05-01-2014, 10:38 PM

thats the solution for FS-529's

surely km wasnt stupid enough to make the same mistake in the new mini-finishers.

SmellsHot
05-02-2014, 12:05 PM
My bad....but you'd be surprised.....this is KM we're talking about :)

pepper38_cnd
05-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Smellshot is right! Rip out the 2 little tiny mylars just under the 2 arms that come down on the paper.

copytechman
05-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Ill check those right now...

thanks again everyone!

regards.

we are talking about the two smaller white arms right? (they move with the bigger fatter white guides?)

Aaron.

copytechman
05-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Just checked... the 2 smaller white arms. Have no mylars attached to them... remove the arms altogether?

regards!

Aaron.

Edit: tried just for fun to jerry holding the 2 small white arms up and out of the way... no difference.. I'd swear the papers getting pulled back up @ the trailing edge or flipped upwards but its really hard to tell... further thoughts people?

Regards!

A.

pepper38_cnd
05-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Sorry I was thinking of the wrong finisher, I went to the parts manual to send you a pic and realized the mylar I was thinking of aren't there! oops!

copytechman
05-03-2014, 01:34 AM
Sorry I was thinking of the wrong finisher, I went to the parts manual to send you a pic and realized the mylar I was thinking of aren't there! oops!

That's quite alright! It was worth a try! Still hoping to get further feedback from the community on this. Someone else must have seen this and done something to fix it other than myself!

Regards!

A.

copytechman
05-05-2014, 11:23 AM
That's quite alright! It was worth a try! Still hoping to get further feedback from the community on this. Someone else must have seen this and done something to fix it other than myself!

Regards!

A.

Any more thoughts on this people, before I basically gut this thing? Lol!

A.

rrrohan
05-06-2014, 03:41 AM
wonder if the paper is getting stuck together causing it to struggle to pull it back in alignment with just a few short rotations of those mylar strips?

maybe try some good quality paper like Mondi and see if that helps

EarthKmTech
05-06-2014, 07:07 AM
all 4 series machine 224-454 have trailing edge paper curl in certain environments, I wonder if this is the cause.

copytechman
05-06-2014, 11:38 AM
wonder if the paper is getting stuck together causing it to struggle to pull it back in alignment with just a few short rotations of those mylar strips?

maybe try some good quality paper like Mondi and see if that helps

Thanks for that. Did that first thinking maybe it was cheap paper. Nope. Pulled it to my office to try on another 224, same issue. I yoinked it apart yesterday and still see nothing directly.

Regards! A.

copytechman
05-06-2014, 11:41 AM
all 4 series machine 224-454 have trailing edge paper curl in certain environments, I wonder if this is the cause.

Ah yes, checked for that too by running plain paper as thick 3 or 4 to see if I could make it curl more and increase/decrease the symptom. Sadly there was practically no difference in how often it would occur!

Regards!

A.

MVPunisher
06-24-2014, 01:46 PM
Any light shed on this problem>?

EarthKmTech
06-24-2014, 07:44 PM
About the only problem I've had with these finishers is that silly little black actuator in the center of the exit flipping and causing the paper not to be able to be pulled back at all. It also has a rubber strip stuck on it that starts to bunch up and buldge at the end, could this be whats catching your sheets ?

MVPunisher
06-24-2014, 08:04 PM
I figured it out this morning right after I posted but yes you were spot on...

copytechman
06-27-2014, 02:49 AM
I figured it out this morning right after I posted but yes you were spot on...

Spot on regarding the piece he mentioned? Regardless, as an update I eventually got km involved and they couldn't spot anything odd either. It was ultimately rma'd.

Thanks much !

A!

Custom Search