PDA

View Full Version : c454 exit roller indentations on copies

Custom Search

macuk
05-01-2014, 05:16 PM
When copying medium to heavy coverage the copy exits with tram line like, light indentations and possible differences in gloss in paper feed direction that line up with the exit rollers. Is this normal and is there any way to reduce these on the output copy? This is a new machine and shows up on 80gm to 250gm paper.

Synaux
05-03-2014, 12:49 AM
When copying medium to heavy coverage the copy exits with tram line like, light indentations and possible differences in gloss in paper feed direction that line up with the exit rollers. Is this normal and is there any way to reduce these on the output copy? This is a new machine and shows up on 80gm to 250gm paper.

If its anything like the older models it is probably the output tray (between the finisher and fuser). I would say clean it thoroughly, but its a new machine so...

I get soft-complaints about this and it seems to come and go. (Perhaps its a humidity issue?)
Also, I have seen the hard white plastic rollers depressed on one side cause this too (making them roll crooked--should be very easy spot).

Other than that, something has to touch the paper and glossy paper is prone to producing prints that show imperfections just from having greasy fingers.

Custom Search