PDA

View Full Version : Fiery old IC-406 uknown password

Custom Search

zalim
05-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Hi once again guys,

This time i have a bit of problem with the old Bizhub C300/C352 Fiery IC-406.

I got this fiery from a firm, they had a password on it, i have tried every possible combination of so called "standard passwords" like

Fiery.1
fiery.1
FIERY.1
ADMIN
admin
Admin
password
Password
PASSWORD

but none of them is working, so i called the firm and asked them and even they have no idea.

Now i know there is a way this fiery can print the password out but i need some sorts of software and a .ps file for that, can anyone here give me the software and files i need to get the password?
Or is there a way to reset the fiery on default settings?

Thanks alot in advance ;)

Rvale
05-06-2014, 12:53 PM
hi there
As far as i know the easiest way to solve that matter is to reinstall a fresh Version of the Firmware, usualy EFI´s are well known for having a easy Setup if they are on the out-of-the-box state.

emujo
05-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Search this forum for a file called password.ps, connect to the direct queue of the Fiery (\\ip (file://\\ip) address\direct), send the password.ps file to the direct queue and it will generate a page with the password listed on it. Emujo

zalim
05-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Hi thanks for the quick reply guys,

i found the .ps file but still cant connect to my direct queue, i am connected to Fiery, but when i give this 10.31.134.84\direct its not working,
10.31.134.84 is the ip of Fiery which i printed out thourgh config page and i can login but when i give this 10.31.134.84\direct its not connecting.

zalim
05-06-2014, 02:06 PM
i think i got something as soon as i have it will inform you guys ;)

thanks alot :D

emujo
05-06-2014, 04:20 PM
If the direct queue was not setup as "published" during the Fiery config. you will have to push the .ps file to the direct queue using command workstation. Some of the Fierys have a factory reset icon that is available w/o needing to enter the password. You will have to reconfigure everything after this though. Emujo

Also, did you try leaving the password field blank?

zalim
05-06-2014, 04:22 PM
If the direct queue was not setup as "published" during the Fiery config. you will have to push the .ps file to the direct queue using command workstation. Some of the Fierys have a factory reset icon that is available w/o needing to enter the password. You will have to reconfigure everything after this though. Emujo

Also, did you try leaving the password field blank?

worked like a charm for me ! thanks alot :)

found password.ps on this forum and downloaded work station from fiery itself.

THANKS ALOT GUYS :)

Custom Search