PDA

View Full Version : C450 lct jam

Custom Search

mrfuser
05-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Ok replaced feed assembly and lower paper deck and still get jams from lower lct. Vertical transport jams show in tech mode. Sounds like paper is stuck and tires are spinning against it when it try's to feed up past bypass area. Does not make it to the little access door area above bypass.

any ideas?

rrrohan
05-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Check the hooks that hold side door close. These snap esp the front ones

mrfuser
05-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Hooks are fine

copier addict
05-07-2014, 05:37 PM
What jam code are you getting?

elpadre
05-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Ok replaced feed assembly and lower paper deck and still get jams from lower lct. Vertical transport jams show in tech mode. Sounds like paper is stuck and tires are spinning against it when it try's to feed up past bypass area. Does not make it to the little access door area above bypass.

any ideas?

Have you ever cleaned the transport rollers with a water moist cloth?

sometimes i get these jams because of drying powder from papers that my customers use.
other thing that you should verify, is if the paper path is fully free.
check if there is no marks on the jammed paper such as it hit something, or if there only the roller marks, these marks can help you to solve the problem;

other possibility is the paper path sensor, you can acess the technical mode and verify if it is working and if there is any trouble with the machine region that it can be trying to read a smaller o bigger paper size than the one that you're using.

minimerlin
05-07-2014, 07:11 PM

any ideas?Have a look at the vertical transport rollers one way gears, I have had a few machines giving problems and it was those gears that were slipping.

Custom Search