PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C11A3 - Shutter not a home

Custom Search

methogod
05-11-2014, 01:15 PM
I have not messed with a BH 350 in so long, any idea's on this one.

Nothing on MKM, i really didnt want to take this all apart.

Machine has not been used in a year, figured dust is in the sensor as it was everywhere else.

unlike the C451 finishers, these have no access since they do not pull out easily.

I want to say it looks like its overdrive(d) upwards to the 2nd tray, and go stuck - but any help would be appreciated.

On boot up the shutter does open and close 1 time. Which is odd due to the error code...

thanks,

EarthKmTech
05-11-2014, 01:34 PM
every time i've had that error its been the shutter motor having a dead spot and been an infrequently used machine.

from memory the service manual even points you in the wrong direction and refers you to the wrong motor - it is the one that opens and closes the plastic shutter at the exit, not the one that operates the clamping of the orange exit rollers.

fixthecopier
05-11-2014, 02:00 PM
changing the motor may do it. Last time I had that one, a few weeks ago, pulled the elevator off and found a staple in the gears.

methogod
05-12-2014, 02:06 AM
No staples in motor, but 3 of the 6 screws that hold the trays to the conveyance part of the finisher (also what a crappy plastic finisher, what where they thinking) - were missing.

Replace screws, took off side covers (front and rear of trays), couldn't find anything physically wrong, except it just didn't look straight, "a little brute force", 4 clicks on the rear, 6 clicks on the front, forcing the finisher down - allowed it to reset and set to tray 1.

Must be something wrong with the location of the bottom tray. I just turned all printing/faxing/coping to tray 1. Seems to work.

I think it needs a fuser though, drum/dev prints look ok for a BH 350, but the fuser has a shredded line on the pressure roller, so that is what i will replace.

thanks for the help....

Custom Search