PDA

View Full Version : Error Code KM C6501 Potential Sensor(s) Keeps Going Bad

Custom Search

Rotexy
05-12-2014, 01:17 AM
Hello All,

I have just acquired a KM C6501 with just over 25 thousand prints on it. When it was first installed after running a few print tests the results were fantastic the machine was then switched off, after about an hour or two it was then switched on again to run a few more print tests but this time around it came up with an error code of C2812 which indicated that there was a problem with the Potential Sensor this was later changed after printing about 1000 pages of A3 the machine was then turned off but then another potential error showed up on the Magenta unit error code C2813 but it was suggested I try cleaning the sensors this seam to help but eventually the sensor still went bad and this was replaced with new one. now it is the black P-sensor that has gone bad. I need to know why the Potential sensors are going bad for a machine with just about 27,000 prints? My local KM engineer doesn't seem to have a clue as to what may be causing the problem.

However just before the Magenta Sensor went bad The Local KM Engineer suggested we replace all the Developers for all the colours to rule out the possibilities that old and stale developers are not is not the culprit, however the printouts after the developers were changed was horrible why is this so? did he miss a step in the process of changing the developers for all the colours or is there a priming process that will help balance the amount of toner in the developer unit? I can not run any test at the moment on the printer because of the error code.

I am in the process of buy a new Potential Sensor again.

Please Help. Thank You

dljorg
05-21-2014, 04:33 PM
Where did you find one with only 25K? Thing is brand new.

Surface potential sensors may be OK

Enter service mode directly by switching on the machine with the Utility / Counter button held down.

Run 8 copies of test pattern 62 to check if the colors look OK. This should identify any color channel that is bad.

Use the sensor output check to see if the sensor is OK.

Service Mode / Process Adjust / Drum Surface Potential

V0 should be about 200 with new drum and corona
V1 should be about 20
All channels should be about the same

Swap potential sensor assemblies including circuit boards to check a sensor. Run auto gamma when a new sensor arrives.

It is possible for the machine to adjust itself into these codes (because the machine is looking at strange test targets on the transfer belt) and not be able to recover. This could be caused by old stale developer so the suggestion to PM the machine with new drums and developer and do all the correct adjustments after including auto gamma and color registration is a good idea.

If you still get 28xx codes after a PM (probably accompanied by an odd reading in sensor output check for potential sensor on one channel) you will have to use the "nuclear option" reset to standard data. Strong suggestion to only have a trained tech do this as it requires multiple adjustments after.

Custom Search