PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous scanning

Custom Search

luis8832
05-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Just installed a bizhub c25. Printing is fine, scan to email is not working. Checked and the email we are trying to scan to is running ssl\tsl. The bizhub c25 does not support ssl\tsl. Went on to try scan to folder. The user is running Mac OS X/10.9.2. Doesn't work, spoke to a couple of people and I was told about SMBUP. Install it to give the Mac OS X the samba services. Has anyone done this and been successful? Looking for insight. Thank you all in advance.:cool:

wseyller
05-13-2014, 01:07 AM
Your best bet is to try FTP. You will need to first run a command in terminal to enable FTP:

sudo -s launchctl load -w \System\Library\LaunchDaemons\ftp.plist

Then enable file sharing and make sure AFP is enable and add the scan folder with proper permission.

Other than that sometimes you can use the ISP email server or there is a email server that doesn't require encryption. Inbox.com is free but you may get adds in the message or I've had clients pay the $8.88 a year for no adds. This is probably the best option I've found when no encryption is need when the customer doesn't have their own server.

SMBUP I've heard works but it seems a little complex and too much trouble to setup.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

luis8832
05-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Your best bet is to try FTP. You will need to first run a command in terminal to enable FTP:

sudo -s launchctl load -w \System\Library\LaunchDaemons\ftp.plist

Then enable file sharing and make sure AFP is enable and add the scan folder with proper permission.

Other than that sometimes you can use the ISP email server or there is a email server that doesn't require encryption. Inbox.com is free but you may get adds in the message or I've had clients pay the $8.88 a year for no adds. This is probably the best option I've found when no encryption is need when the customer doesn't have their own server.

SMBUP I've heard works but it seems a little complex and too much trouble to setup.

Thank you for the info. Greatly appreciated, now I am not an avid mac user, where would I go in the Mac to write this command?

wseyller
05-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Thank you for the info. Greatly appreciated, now I am not an avid mac user, where would I go in the Mac to write this command?

The "terminal" app you can get to.from the finder. Select "Go" from the menu bar and select "utilities". When you enter the command you it will prompt for the users password. It will look like your not typing anything. When you hit enter I don't think you will get any confirmation. You just don't want an error. As a test to make sure ftp is working you could load Filezilla on a neighboring PC and be able to connect to it if all is configured properly.

wseyller
05-14-2014, 02:05 AM
Also you will want configure the ftp with an IP address and not a hostname. I never had any luck with hostnames and ftp on bizhubs. But you will want to set the Mac with a static IP address so it doesn't change on you later.

Custom Search