PDA

View Full Version : HP Designjet 510 Error 86:01

Custom Search

MPSJIMBO
05-13-2014, 02:59 PM
Hello,

I have an HP Designjet 510 plotter, and it will load the paper and then read an 86:01 paperjam Error. recently I replaced the service station and everything seemed to be ok for a while. now the issue is coming back. I have cleaned the encoder strip and the belt, which both seem to be in decent shape. I also oiled the shaft that the carragie moves on, and I am still getting the error.... should I replace the carraige too? any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Kiran Otter
07-27-2014, 03:08 PM
Where is the carriage when the error occurs? Inspect the encoder strip very closely where the carriage stops. Any bare spots in the fine markings will require the encoder strip to be replaced. This has been a common issue of late on high-use 500s.

When you replaced the service station, did you put washers under the two screws that hold it in place? Remove them. It causes the carriage to hit/rub the screws.

It can also be due to a dirty media encoder, or a failing media encoder sensor. It's a royal PITA to get to.. but not impossible if you follow the service manual. Sometimes just cleaning the encoder disc is all you need.

Kiran

Custom Search