PDA

View Full Version : Original left on glass or detecting 11x17 with no paper C364e

Custom Search

SmellsHot
05-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Ok, this is bugging me.....I have a machine that detects 11x17 on the glass(nothing on glass) or original left on glass when trying to use the ADF.
Does the CCD detect the length of the original on the glass? How does the machine not recognize the upper white sheet as a piece of 11x17 paper.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

b1406
05-14-2014, 06:29 PM
Have you tried to cleaning original detect sensors some times dust blocks them and the machine recognizes originals wrong

SmellsHot
05-14-2014, 06:32 PM
ya...I cleaned it, unplugged it, danced with it.....no change. It registers 1 in sensor check. I'm thinking it's bad...

minimerlin
05-14-2014, 08:07 PM
I have had this problem 3 times now on this series machines, and every time it has been the same fix! Clean the underside of the platen glass as well as the upper. For some reason even a thin smear seems to upset the sensors and make the machine think there is an original left on the glass so ADF gives the false indication.

SmellsHot
05-14-2014, 08:36 PM
I have had this problem 3 times now on this series machines, and every time it has been the same fix! Clean the underside of the platen glass as well as the upper. For some reason even a thin smear seems to upset the sensors and make the machine think there is an original left on the glass so ADF gives the false indication.

Thanks! I'll give it a try

blackcat4866
05-15-2014, 01:44 AM
I had one customer that was cleaning his own optics, and bent the original size detection sensor brackets accidentally. If there's a procedure to position them I don't know what it is. For me, it was trial and error ... mostly error. =^..^=

Iowatech
05-15-2014, 04:33 AM
The last time I worked on Konica equipment was back in the analog days, so take this with a grain of salt.
Still, if you open the doc feeder to put an original on the platen glass, while you are closing the document feeder does the machine detect when it is almost closed? I've seen the sensor that detects when the doc feeder is almost closed (the machines I work on use the signal from that sensor to tell them when to detect whether there is an original on the glass and determine what size it is) get filled up with dust or malfunction a couple of times and cause all manner of weirdness.

HoonBoy
05-15-2014, 06:29 PM
Ok, this is bugging me.....I have a machine that detects 11x17 on the glass(nothing on glass) or original left on glass when trying to use the ADF.
Does the CCD detect the length of the original on the glass? How does the machine not recognize the upper white sheet as a piece of 11x17 paper.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Did you preform the "Non Image Area Erase Check" ?

other possible cause is not opening ADF far enough...

EarthKmTech
05-15-2014, 10:18 PM
you must not have dirt on the adf white sheet in the detection area, ie where the mirror and lamp park for the ccd to detect the original width. You must not have dirt on the adf white sheet on the right side where the long paper length detection optiical sensors are.

you must not have dirt or scratches on the original glass in these areas either.

this problem is very very common and I've never had to do anything other than the above to fix it.

SmellsHot
05-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Simple as cleaning the glass did the trick.....R U F'n kiddin me....
Couldn't even see anything wrong with the platen glass, but after going back and shining the light on the platen glass, it appears the customer used a cheap cloth and left some smear marks on the glass. A simple windex and cloth solution took care of this......
These newer KM's must have a much more sensitive detecting sensor. I've seen platen glass' from hell and never had this issue.
Thanks for your guys suggestions!
And remember......IF YOU WIPE YOUR ASS, YOU CAN CLEAN THE GLASS!

emujo
05-16-2014, 01:01 PM
And remember......IF YOU WIPE YOUR ASS, YOU CAN CLEAN THE GLASS!

Doesn't quite rank with "If it doesn't fit you must acquit", but OK then. Emujo

minimerlin
05-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Simple as cleaning the glass did the trick.....R U F'n kiddin me....
Couldn't even see anything wrong with the platen glass, but after going back and shining the light on the platen glass, it appears the customer used a cheap cloth and left some smear marks on the glass. A simple windex and cloth solution took care of this......
These newer KM's must have a much more sensitive detecting sensor. I've seen platen glass' from hell and never had this issue.
Thanks for your guys suggestions!
And remember......IF YOU WIPE YOUR ASS, YOU CAN CLEAN THE GLASS!I hate to say......but I told you so! Yup very sensitive machines, just talk nicely first then kick em where it hurts is my motto! Glad you got it fixed, I was just like you when I found out what caused the problem on mine!

Custom Search