do the cartridge set mode because developer was
done week ago. Not sure if this would have
anything to do with it?

Please see attached sample

Any ideas appreciated.
TIA

emujo
05-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Like the test chart...I would take another look at the coronas (charge and x-fer/sep), the CELs. Emujo

Kidaver
05-16-2014, 09:38 PM
Check the two black covers on the charge corona unit and make sure they are fully locked down in place or your charge grid won't set right and can cause issues as the drum will rub on it...

SmellsHot
05-17-2014, 02:46 AM
Cartridge set should be performed any time you remove the drum unit. It should be the very first adjustment you do. Did you do the grid voltage adjustment? Id do cart set and then Run through all of the auto adjustements. After that. Id do 25 dbl sided #12 test patterns to cycle through toner/developer. The. I'd check your ld1 ld2 lasers to see if they need to be adjusted.

Downunder
05-20-2014, 09:24 PM
Have you tried stopping the copier before the image is transferred onto the paper to see how solid the image is on the drum. Lets you know whether it is charge or transfer problem. Also on the back of the drum there is a voltage stamped on the back plate of drum - anywhere from 700 to 721 usually -- have you set your settings to this (not too important but still part of the process)

copyman
05-20-2014, 10:57 PM
Thanks everyone. Turned out to be the T/S corona unit.

EarthKmTech
05-20-2014, 11:52 PM
Thanks everyone. Turned out to be the T/S corona unit.

When the black film under the plate starts peeling down you get issues like that. And an even more interesting effect when people think its a good idea to just pull out completely ;)

Custom Search