PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c284e w/ LK 101 v3

Custom Search

Kidaver
05-19-2014, 05:04 PM
I went thru the motions of installing the iOption for web browser but it doesn't seem to be activating. So my first step was to update FW and there seems to be specific FW with machines with LK 101. New version came out a week ago, but I've downloaded it twice and getting an error trying to extract it. Anyone else having this issue or could it be my laptop is being difficult?

emujo
05-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Well, you do need to have the LK firmware version installed for the browser functions to work correctly, but it should still install. Some things to look for...

Ensure you are using the correct serial number. If you get a digit wrong and go through the license generation, you are screwed. You have to find the MFP with the correct sn, install it on that MFP, then go through the steps to remove/unlicensed, then once you have the license free again, you can retry on the correct MFP.

The license numbers are easy to mis-enter, it might be easier to enter them through PSWC.

You must have the additional I-option memory installed. Config sheet should list approx. 4 gig memory

There are different LK versions for each series of MFPs, I believe the C384e is ver 3

Can you provide a little more info as to what the problem is...are you unable to license the LK, or unable to use the web browser functions??? Emujo

stevena86
05-19-2014, 05:58 PM
I downloaded version C224e_C284e_C364e_A5C10Y0-F000-G20-E4_LK-101.exe from the KMBS site and it extracted just fine for me.

Looks like yours was corrupted somehow. I'd try re-downloading again.

Kidaver
05-19-2014, 10:41 PM
Well once I got the firmware to download (tried 4 times and each took an hour for some reason), copied the extracted files over to my computer, formatted a few USB drives(these e machines are very temperamental about USB drives), got the latest FW for LK 101 v3 loaded the web browser option works just fine. Today is Monday right?!?

Custom Search