PDA

View Full Version : riso GR1750 error code E 03

Custom Search

bcp
04-05-2008, 02:13 PM
I Have GR1750 with error code E 03. Any ideas on what to do? Any help is greatly appreciated..

techathens
04-05-2008, 03:53 PM
I Have GR1750 with error code E 03. Any ideas on what to do? Any help is greatly appreciated..
That is a clamp plate error (did not turn properly, slowly, or stuck). If the cylinder is homed (press the green button - lower left on a GR I think) and remove the cylinder. Make sure the clamp plate will turn freely from master load to master disposal positions - and lubricate the pivot points of the clamp plate ass'y with a silicone or graphite based grease.

Another thing to look for if the drum will not return to home position is that the clamp plate delayed going to master removal position and is caught in the disposal hooks / disposal ass'y. In this case you have to go in through the top of the unit (master making area - right side of unit) and rotate the drum back towards the paper receiving tray, until the center of the clamp assembly is at the 12 o'clock position.

Good luck!

Tim C
04-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Just had a similar problem the other day. Found the selinoid that drops the drive motor to flip the master clamp was stuck. Pull it off (4-5 screws)
Upper rear of the unit and clean the post. This may help.
Gl,
Tim

cobiray
04-20-2008, 08:29 PM
The clamp on the rear of the drum has a magnet that tells which position (open or closed) the clamp is in. Sometimes the screw backs out and the magnet falls out or gets bent so it doesn't give the proper reading. The magnet should be opposite the clamp and should be keyed to only go on one way. I've also seen the plate that retains the clamp plate become broken, usually by opening or closing the drum out of the home position.

techathens
04-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Also - if you are having Angular Magnet issues a E14 (T14 on some 11x17 / A3 units) Clamp Error 2 will sometimes be displayed. This is a rare code, but in my experience pops up when there is Angular Magnet issues and the machines "loses" the clamp unit.

And - you will receive these clamp errors if there is a malfunction in the Clamp Solenoid Assembly. The main problem I have found on these is where the Clamp Solenoid attaches to Clamp Solenoid Base Plate can form a hairline stress fracture due to the amount of force exerted every time it is activated. On the newer Clamp Solenoid Assemblies (released towards the end of the series (@1998 - 2000) the screws holding Solenoid can be loosened and the position adjusted. You may also want to disassemble the solenoid and clean.

Custom Search