PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C253 Scan to email - From Address

Custom Search

DamoAU
05-21-2014, 01:49 AM
Hi,
I've just configured an c253 for scan to email, its a used machine that still had settings in it.. I've changed them over to ours, on the email SMTP page, as well as the machine settings page.. however the machine is still sending emails using the previous subject line & email address - wondering if someone can tell me what I've missed?

Thanks in advance.

CompyTech
05-21-2014, 04:01 AM
You have to change the admin(from address)email and subject line in the administration settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DamoAU
05-21-2014, 04:57 AM
You have to change the admin(from address)email and subject line in the administration settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Can you be a little more specific? I've changed (through the web console) "Machine Setting" on the maintenance page - which i believed to be the admin settings.. and in "Email-TX (SMTP)" in Network..

Phrag
05-21-2014, 05:12 AM
Oh god. I know this. It's stumped me the two times I've come across it.

Hit the Fax/Scan button, then communication settings, then email settings. You'll find your culprits in there. Put what you need to in those text fields, then make sure you set it as a default, (Utility/Counter > User Setting > Fax/Scan settings and set to 'Current' or 'Factory'. Either should work.

Those settings are overriding your administrator/machine email address.

I'm 99% sure that is where I fixed my issues.

DamoAU
05-21-2014, 05:45 AM
Oh god. I know this. It's stumped me the two times I've come across it.

Hit the Fax/Scan button, then communication settings, then email settings. You'll find your culprits in there. Put what you need to in those text fields, then make sure you set it as a default, (Utility/Counter > User Setting > Fax/Scan settings and set to 'Current' or 'Factory'. Either should work.

Those settings are overriding your administrator/machine email address.

I'm 99% sure that is where I fixed my issues.

Don't suppose you know how to do it via the web interface? - The copier is a couple of hours away, so if I can do it remotely would be easier than trying to talk someone else through something that I'm not sure on myself lol

Phrag
05-21-2014, 07:33 AM
Don't suppose you know how to do it via the web interface? - The copier is a couple of hours away, so if I can do it remotely would be easier than trying to talk someone else through something that I'm not sure on myself lol

I'm not sure.

In the 'Store Address' tab, is there anything in the "Subject" or "Text" tabs in the sidebar?

DamoAU
05-21-2014, 07:36 AM
I'm not sure.

In the 'Store Address' tab, is there anything in the "Subject" or "Text" tabs in the sidebar?

Yep there is, I've got both the subject lines and text lines set to "Message from bizhub".. theres 10 lines for each and the other 9 are blank..

Phrag
05-21-2014, 07:46 AM
Yep there is, I've got both the subject lines and text lines set to "Message from bizhub".. theres 10 lines for each and the other 9 are blank..

Sounds about right. Our subject/text lines here at our office are all blank. Which matches what appears in our scans.

So, if those text/subject fields match with what the customer doesn't want, it should be safe to delete those.

DamoAU
05-21-2014, 07:49 AM
I'll give the office a call where the copier is tomorrow and get them to have a look what they see on the screen.. because even tho that I've got it set to that "message from bizhub" as the subject line, when they scan it still comes through as "Scan from NCC" so I wonder if its not saving the settings correctly through the web interface..

Phrag
05-21-2014, 07:53 AM
I'll give the office a call where the copier is tomorrow and get them to have a look what they see on the screen.. because even tho that I've got it set to that "message from bizhub" as the subject line, when they scan it still comes through as "Scan from NCC" so I wonder if its not saving the settings correctly through the web interface..

Possibly.

It's not too difficult. If you got a similar machine closer, use that to get a handle of where you gotta go, and do it via phone.

Hansoon
05-21-2014, 09:27 AM
Isn't this the same issue?

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/78341-bh-c-253-scan-name.html?highlight=On+the+BH-C-253+the+FTP-scans+have+a+name+something+like+SKMBT_C2531306091 1+180.pdf

The solution provided by ineo+6501 worked for me.

Hans

copier addict
05-21-2014, 12:48 PM
Unfortunately you are likely going to have to do a data clear in service mode. Be sure to export all the one touches and network info before the data clear. I have had this problem happen several times and that has been the only thing that has fixed it.
Hope this helps.
Darren

Choclit007
06-17-2020, 11:18 PM
"site:copytechnet.com email address" gave me this thread

I was having the same issue on a used C280 that I am setting up for our office & I did not want to do an All Clear
(which is a known resolution). I knew there was another way but could not remember it.

Phrag had it right!

When Utility / User Settings / Scan Fax / Default Scan Fax Settings is changed from FACTORY DEFAULTS to CURRENT SETTING & you hit OK, then whatever is currently in the (TEXT (PSWC) or BODY(onscreen)) & SUBJECT fields becomes STICKY!
I changed the old fields using PSWC and even created multiple entries and made them the default to no avail - the old customer info kept showing up.
As soon as I changed back to FACTORY (hit OK) & did the RESET button, then the Body & Subjects reverted to my default (#2) entries.
Then I deleted all extra entries leaving only one Subject & Text entry; after hitting reset on the copier the #2 entries were still there even though FACTORY was selected - AFTER HITTING OK (with FACTORY still highlighted) the entries changed to my only entered values.

So it seems that regardless of FACTORY or CURRENT those items could remain STICKY.

AFAIK you must be at the control panel to do this - haven't seen these in PSWC.
Thanks again

Custom Search