PDA

View Full Version : BH-454e-554e B&W series, how are they?

Custom Search

Hansoon
05-21-2014, 09:34 AM
I've heard horror stories about the "color-e" models but how are the BH-454e-554e B&W series these days?

Any firmware problems? How is otherwise the machine from a mechanical point of view?

Machine will be equipped with the FS-534 finisher as well.
Customer is going to make around 20K per month on it.

Thanks for any input.

Hans

stevena86
05-21-2014, 01:16 PM
They are the exact same machines as the C364e series. Literally, the only changes they made is in the firmware where they just disabled the color functions and where the color drums/developer sits is just a hole covered up by a plastic cover. Still uses a transfer belt and everything, which is just stupid to me, as it adds an extra cost to a B/W machine that was never there before in having to replace said transfer belt.

Even though the 4e's have had their problems, they are worlds better than the previous versions. The C353 series was a straight nightmare in my mind, and the C360 was good but had some fatal flaws that kept it from being a highly-recommended machine. The 4e's though, I would recommend. The issues that the 4e's have are usually easily rectified by firmware at this point. If you're going to start putting them out now, you won't have to deal with the stuff that gave them their bad rep that you're aware of, as that has all been fixed at the factory level by now for any machine being made. Otherwise, if you get a machine that wasn't already fixed, it's as easy as applying a couple of f.w fixes and setting a couple of settings.

Great machines from a tech stand-point so far.

Plus feed rollers are literally the easiest thing now, no more dismantling an entire feed unit just to replace 3 rollers!

Custom Search