PDA

View Full Version : C552 and FS526 Finisher Install

Custom Search

Solotime
05-21-2014, 03:59 PM
I have been asked to install a customer obtained FS526 onto a C552. I have the finisher installed but it does not moved when powered up and does not show up on the ops panel. I have checked all of the connections and compared it another machine and all the connections seem to be good.
Is there a setting in the service mode that has to be "turned on" or did they get a dead finisher?
Thanks in advance.

Solotime
05-21-2014, 04:19 PM
Nevermind. Swapped the horizontal transport unit out and now it works fine.

JrTech
05-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Good morning. I do seem to remember that the Firmware has to be updated on that line to recognize accessories not originally configured with initial installation/sale. I hope that helps. Let me know if you need the manual (its only the Field Service no parts sorry)

I have been asked to install a customer obtained FS526 onto a C552. I have the finisher installed but it does not moved when powered up and does not show up on the ops panel. I have checked all of the connections and compared it another machine and all the connections seem to be good.
Is there a setting in the service mode that has to be "turned on" or did they get a dead finisher?
Thanks in advance.

Solotime
05-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Yeah I have the FSM. It just did not cover installation. Not sure what the deal was unless the transport unit is bad. The 2 units look identical except one has black connectors and the one that works has white connectors just like the finisher has?
Strange.

JrTech
05-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Thank you for the update. I will put that into my KM folder in case I come across that issue.

Custom Search