PDA

View Full Version : CQ Bizhub C20

Custom Search

techno1234dude
05-21-2014, 08:08 PM
I am working on a Konica Minolta Bizhub C20 which prints out color copies but will spit out only Black copies when used as a copier (scanning color images and asking for color copies). i have not figured out the reason. Any suggestions?

Blizzoo
05-22-2014, 12:30 PM
I had one problem like yours on KM 4690,i cleaned the K Image Unit two times and after that was OK.I recommend replacement.
You use oem K toner?

LE : Sorry,I misunderstand

techno1234dude
05-22-2014, 03:10 PM
I had one problem like yours on KM 4690,i cleaned the K Image Unit two times and after that was OK.I recommend replacement.
You use oem K toner?

I believe that i did not explain my problem clearly. When i use my c20 and print from a PC, a colored image comes out colored. But if i try to copy a colored image, the copy comes out black and white instead of colored

EarthKmTech
05-22-2014, 03:18 PM
I wonder if colour copying has been disabled by way of soft switch settings / corrupt configuration.

does colour scanning work ? If so you can rule out the scanner anyway.

techno1234dude
05-22-2014, 03:45 PM
I wonder if colour copying has been disabled by way of soft switch settings / corrupt configuration.

does colour scanning work ? If so you can rule out the scanner anyway.

There are 64 soft switch settings. They all have to do with Faxing. I was able to scan color images as well. It's just that it would spit out a black and white image of a color image in "copy" mode.

Hansoon
05-22-2014, 04:01 PM
That means when you use the grey as well as the blue colored "start" button you get in both cases a B&W copy??

Hans

techno1234dude
05-22-2014, 04:07 PM
That means when you use the grey as well as the blue colored "start" button you get in both cases a B&W copy??

Hans

Yes. That's exactly what's happening!

Hansoon
05-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Could it be a short in the control panel somehow causing the blue button switch to activate the grey one?

What happens if you play with the mix/text/photo settings and/or density?

Hans

Hansoon
05-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Not exactly your issue as you describe but somehow related:

Solution ID TAUS0808494EN* Solution Usage 1
Description
When scanning, the "Scan Color" setting is "Color", but output is black and white.
Solution
CAUSE: If JPEG is selected as the data format and the scan color is set to Color, Black and White is automatically set. This is the specification for the printer.
SOLUTION: When scanning, set the output to TIFF to prevent the output defaulting to Black and White.

Hans

techno1234dude
05-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Could it be a short in the control panel somehow causing the blue button switch to activate the grey one?

What happens if you play with the mix/text/photo settings and/or density?

Hans

I tried adjusting the above mentioned settings but there was no change in the outcome. The printer has about 38000 prints. it has several B&W copies, B&W prints, Color Prints but the counter for color copies is "0". It means that the original owners/users never made color copies on this machine.

EarthKmTech
05-22-2014, 11:04 PM
i bet it has been modified to prevent colour copies.

We have customers buy small machines and request colour copying be disabled, ie on the c25 series you can do that in admin mode.

dont think its possible on the c20 in the same way but id be pulling out the control panel and seeing if it has been modified. probably the traces to the colour copy button cut and jumper leads soldered to the black copy tracks.

EarthKmTech
05-23-2014, 06:35 AM
mind you, dont you press the colour start button to do colour push scanning ?

is this working OK or was the colour scanning test done via twain ?

Custom Search