PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous konica c552 resetting color chips

Custom Search

acsolutions
05-23-2014, 12:16 AM
Hello, I went to reset all IU on a c552, found the black but when removed the front covers on the color units, no chips to be found! Just wondering if I'm going to need a rechip device, or is there another way to reset the units. Thanks

copier tech
05-23-2014, 08:21 AM
If they are the original image units (from when machine was new) they don't come with chips, you have to fit a new set of units then you can chip them.

However you don't need the chips, you can simply disable the "replace IU" message is service mode & run the IU's until they fail.

Set switch 51 HEX to F0 & switch 55 HEX to 0C

emujo
05-23-2014, 02:21 PM
If you find that the hex values you are trying to input will not stick, you must update the firmware. PPLM mod gave the color series the ability to run all the consumables to failure. No need for a chip re-setter. Emujo

acsolutions
05-27-2014, 11:39 PM
If you find that the hex values you are trying to input will not stick, you must update the firmware. PPLM mod gave the color series the ability to run all the consumables to failure. No need for a chip re-setter. Emujocan the Fixing unit and transfer unit be reset?

copier tech
05-28-2014, 07:21 AM
With the firmware yes, you can turn off the fixing unit & transfer unit warnings

KM7155
05-28-2014, 02:43 PM
Hi, can i hide the IU warning on Bizhub C252 machine?

copier tech
05-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Yes, but you'll need to update the firmware first.
Then you simply set a couple of soft switches then no more "replace image unit" messages!

emujo
05-28-2014, 08:16 PM
Yes, but you'll need to update the firmware first.
Then you simply set a couple of soft switches then no more "replace image unit" messages!

Don't quote me, even though I'm quoting you, but I believe the PPLM mod was for the Bizhub C353 series and up to the C652. After this the MFPs came with the ability to turn off the end of life settings w/o any additional firmware. I think you are stuck with the "2" series. Emujo

KM7155
05-29-2014, 02:03 AM
Don't quote me, even though I'm quoting you, but I believe the PPLM mod was for the Bizhub C353 series and up to the C652. After this the MFPs came with the ability to turn off the end of life settings w/o any additional firmware. I think you are stuck with the "2" series. Emujo

Hi Emujo, are u trying to say that the 2 series machines cannot hide the " replace imaging unit" warning message?

emujo
05-29-2014, 03:38 PM
There was never any mention of the 2 series when this firmware came out...I believe you can still extend the life with the no stop settings, but the message will still be displayed. Also, even with the PPLM firmware, the oil can will still appear on the control panel when the units are past life, but no message and no failure. Emujo

ewizzy
05-30-2014, 10:51 AM
can the Fixing unit and transfer unit be reset?

Why, yes, they can.

acsolutions
05-31-2014, 03:07 AM
Why, yes, they can.

thanks for the update!

pappyvonsillypants
06-02-2014, 02:10 PM
To reset the fuser and belt on this model u have to go to counters and it has a tab that states "new release" highlight that and open and shut the front door and hit the start key to reset. it was an addition to be able to test the belt or fuser with out having the counter clear if that is not the issue so you can keep the belt or fuser as "new"

Custom Search