PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 601 with hourglass lockout(CF problem?)

Custom Search

axyun
05-23-2014, 06:09 AM
Bizhub 601 when turned on the hourglass appears in display but nothing. Understand that may be Compact Flash problem where flash may have to be deleted and copied/pasted from another or something like that. I would be unable to do this call. It is a customer of mine and i have been servicing a few other machines for them.

Customer is in Brooklyn on Eastern parkway and I could go there with someone and pay for your time at a generous rate or a fixed price if you prefer. Of course if part(s) needed that would be extra. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

rrrohan
05-23-2014, 02:56 PM
I had this same fault last week. I replaced cf card and ran cf recovery and updated firmware. You need to re do a few things in service mode and you may need to format HDD and restore address book. Will also lose network settings.

JR2ALTA
05-23-2014, 03:05 PM
It's not something to take lightly, you're correct in looking for an assist. There are critical mistakes that can be made such as formatting. Your card may also be bad, rewriting not as good as replacing card only available through Konica

darry1322
05-23-2014, 03:39 PM
Bizhub 601s also had an issue with the paper lift plates rubbing and shorting the wiring harness under the plate. This would blow inline fuses on the printer control board. I can't remember exactly the test points to look for, but I did have to replace a PRCB with the hourglass syptom.

RRodgers
05-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Bizhub 601s also had an issue with the paper lift plates rubbing and shorting the wiring harness under the plate. This would blow inline fuses on the printer control board. I can't remember exactly the test points to look for, but I did have to replace a PRCB with the hourglass syptom.

So maybe pull out all your drawers then try to boot it up as Darry has suggested.

darry1322
05-23-2014, 05:36 PM
So maybe pull out all your drawers then try to boot it up as Darry has suggested.

Trouble is, if they have been shorted the onboard circuit protection has already been damaged. I had a phone support guy tell me which points to check and determined the PRCB was bad. Just can't remember which points.

axyun
05-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Thanks. You guys are great. I won't go unless I have someone with me who is confident on this unit. I will pay generous service rate. Frank

axyun
05-25-2014, 11:30 PM
Don't need it Paul. Thanks anyway. I generally will have the SM +PC before posting but as you know they don't have all the answers or sites like this would not be as necessary. Frank

Custom Search