PDA

View Full Version : Lanier 6713 Copier synch problem

Custom Search

jcrayne
05-08-2006, 07:59 PM
I have an older Lanier 6713 copier that is copying out of synch. It seems that the paper actually starts through the track too early. The copy starts printing about 25% down the page. It seems that the timing of the paper transport is out of synch with the scanned image.

I have checked all of the board connections that I can get too without too much digging. There are no error coded and no service wrench/indication.

Please help.

Luther
05-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Old machine is right, either the registration clutch, or selonoid is dirty, i forget if it has a clutch or selonoid

05-09-2006, 07:13 PM
is the registration off a consistant amount (+/- 3mm) on every page out from all paper sources, off the glass or through the document feeder? if so you have an electrical issue or a tech induced error in the registration settings. If the registration varries or changes depending on the paper source then you have a bad clutch, solenoid, or sensor somewhere in the system.

jcrayne
05-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Thank you both for replying. The registration problem does not happen initially. It seems that if you leave the copier over night, the first copy will print correctly and then the 2 and 3 copies will be out of registration. Usually by the same amount. I am not sure about how consistently it is out though. It appears to be within the +/- 3 mm though.

I will check these items and report back tonight.

I have found very little in the way of a diagram for the machine. Look like it should be similar to the Toshiba 1350.

Anywhere I can find an exploded view diagram of the copier?

jpcopy
05-09-2006, 07:57 PM
It is the reg,clutch . take off main board and mounting plate.
will help you get it out easier. remove t/s unit .screws on front and back of reg roller assembly. will come out as a unit . replace or clean /light oil clutches. have had sucess with cleaning and oiling
lol
jp

jcrayne
05-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Thank you for your suggestions and help.

I did take out the registration clutch(pic attached)

here is a link to the part I removed and inspected:

http://www.precisionroller.com/catalog_display.php?step=3&directlink=1&MfrID=147& cid=14033

The part did not appear dirty. I took it apart and cleaned it anyway. I did lightly oil the part and put it back together.

Now when I make copies say 4 copies, The first and second copy looks correct, but sometimes the 2 and third are out of registration by about 3 inches.

If I try to make one copy at a time, I may get a correct copy or I may not. Seems random.

Again, when the registration is out, it is out by a good 3 inches. The paper transport starts way befor it should to match the image transfer. The result is 3 inches or so that is blank before the printing starts.

If the clutch was not working at all, would the end of the print be blank or would I just get no print or mechanical error?

Do you still think it can still be the registration clutch?

There is another clutch mentioned, the \"CLUTCH - 6-R Clutch\" (pic attached)

link to part: http://www.precisionroller.com/catalog_display.php?step=3&directlink=1&MfrID=147& cid=24831

I can not find where this part is to inspect it. Should I be concerned about this part?

Thanks again for your help.

jcrayne
05-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Do you think it could be this registration sensor?

http://www.precisionroller.com/catalog_display.php?step=3&directlink=1&MfrID=147& cid=9124

http://www.copytechnet.com/components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/images/registration_sensor.jpg

jpcopy
05-10-2006, 10:27 PM
All reg problems we have had were repaired by r&r the clutch.
Also you may want to check the dev mixer if you want this machine to perform properly even though it has nothing to do with the reg problem.
lol
jp

Jerry
05-11-2006, 04:28 AM
Sounds like you are doing an excelent job. Change both registration and feed clutch at the same time. Will save you trouble down the road. This is very common on this box. Don\'t waste your time trying to clean, just replace. One other trick on this box. If it is jamming, check that all springs are under the lift place in the paper cassette, there should be \"3\".
Good luck

dbrownlee
05-11-2006, 01:09 PM
I definitely agree with Jerry and jpcopy. We keep a couple sets of the EM clutches in stock because we have so many in the field, and they fail so often. Replace both at the same time. The \"clutch 6r\" is located on the feed roller shaft. I have never needed to replace these in this box. Good luck.

Post edited by: dbrownlee, at: 2006/05/11 05:10

jcrayne
05-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Thank you for your help and response. The parts are on order and should be in early next week

jcrayne
05-17-2006, 03:07 AM
Since it is not an urgent situation, I decided just to replace the registration clutch only first. I finally received the registration clutch today and installed it.

The machine still has the same problem.

What should be the next step?

Thanks for your help.

jcrayne
05-18-2006, 01:17 PM
I am still in need of a little Help.

Should I go ahead and change the feed clutch as well. The copier seems to work well one time and then be out of sych the next. Again, the first part of the print is blank for about 3~4 inches when it is out of synch. Seems to pick up the paper early.

Thanks

jcrayne wrote:

Since it is not an urgent situation, I decided just to replace the registration clutch only first. I finally received the registration clutch today and installed it.

The machine still has the same problem.

What should be the next step?

Thanks for your help.

jpcopy
05-18-2006, 10:49 PM
sorry you are having such problems but the reg. clutch was always our fix. paper feed clutch would give you misfeed problems. recheck every thing could you have new clutch in bind?
lol
jp

jcrayne
05-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Thank you for your comments.

Are there any trouble shooting ideas to try?

I will double check the installation and the gears and mechanisms.

It troubles me that sometimes it does print normally(about 25~30% normal).

Thanks

jcrayne
05-19-2006, 01:43 PM
One other note.

I did not notice the little silver spacer on the registration sensor as illustrated in the picture in this topic is missing on the one in my machine. Could it be that the sensor is hanging open causing the random registration problem?

Thank you for your comments.

jcrayne
05-22-2006, 09:50 PM
I want to thank you for all of you help and suggestions.

I was able to resolve the problem once I figured out I changed out the wrong clutch. Initially I changed out the paper pickup clutch with the new one instead of replacing the synchronization clutch. They are identical and on the same side in the the copier. Once the new clutch was in the correct spot on the sychronization roller, the copier worked great.

This was definitely and beginner(idiot) mistake. If I have time I will post a picture of the assembly so others will not make the same mistake.

Again, thanks for your help.

Jack

Jerry
05-24-2006, 02:06 AM
Might take a look at this. I worked on one of these today changing the two clutch\'s. When you make a copy watch the right side door where the paper makes the bend around toward the alinging roller. This door was popping open, useally this is a clutch not shutting off, but I found something eles. When you have the alinging section out of the copier, place something inside the side door to hold it open. Look inside and you will see plastic guide fingers. Everyone of these had paper cuts! I filed down the cuts following with scottch Brite. The door does not even move now making a copy! Also as mentioned, check that there are 3 springs under the cassette lift. Good luck

Hallmark
05-28-2006, 08:55 AM
I am new to this board and this is my first reply to any post. I am glad you resolved your issue with the clutches. I just want to add that Lanier published a bulletin a long time ago about your problem and updated the original clutches. It was recommended to replace them as a pair. I still see these machines in the field occasionally, but in my experience I have seen those clutches go bad many times.

copi_40
05-28-2006, 09:20 AM
:(
I met this problem 4 years ago with a Tosh 1360.Also change clutch without results.Finally I belive was a scanner problem.But customer bought a new copier .....

Custom Search