PDA

View Full Version : Jamming bypass jamming on new Konica minolta c454e

Custom Search

Vy2
05-23-2014, 09:59 PM
Hi Everyone!
So, I have a new Konica machine which started jamming today. It is having problems pulling the paper from the bypass tray. It was printing on the same paper and settings earlier without a single problem. Any ideas?

mikeena
05-23-2014, 10:58 PM
have you tried another paper yet and does it pull at all i have not had a problem with the 4 series yet from the bypass but if its not pulling at all check to make sure rollers are still spinning if not i would guess motor

minimerlin
05-24-2014, 08:49 AM
I would have a look at the sep roller assembly as they are bad at having very tight torque limiters, the grease from china goes hard then the roller will not turn! Soak in WD40 and see what comes out!

blackcat4866
05-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Check to see if they've got a paper size hard set for the bypass tray, like say ... postcard size. With LTR-R it'll jam every time.

What jam code? =^..^=

saburnsjax
05-25-2014, 12:19 AM
I would have a look at the sep roller assembly as they are bad at having very tight torque limiters, the grease from china goes hard then the roller will not turn! Soak in WD40 and see what comes out!

What piece is it to soak in wd40? Wouldn't that ooze and get all over the paper?

We have a C654e and it stinks on ice for any size paper through the bypass. It's not jamming up in the machine the way it would if you had the wrong paper size or orientation... it just fails to pull the sheets in and so it detects as a jam. Doesn't matter the paper size or type... 28# text, 80# cover, 100# cover, envelopes, labels, you name it. Horrible.

BUT. The good news is that if you can get the stock through the tray, it does a great job printing!

blackcat4866
05-25-2014, 12:36 AM
What piece is it to soak in wd40? Wouldn't that ooze and get all over the paper?

We have a C654e and it stinks on ice for any size paper through the bypass. It's not jamming up in the machine the way it would if you had the wrong paper size or orientation... it just fails to pull the sheets in and so it detects as a jam. Doesn't matter the paper size or type... 28# text, 80# cover, 100# cover, envelopes, labels, you name it. Horrible.

BUT. The good news is that if you can get the stock through the tray, it does a great job printing!

Personally I would not use WD40 on a torque limiter. It will gum it up and melt the plastic parts. =^..^=

minimerlin
05-25-2014, 08:11 PM
Personally I would not use WD40 on a torque limiter. It will gum it up and melt the plastic parts. =^..^=
Maybe the formulae for WD40 is different in the USA but I have used it for years on them and never had a problem.

copier tech
05-25-2014, 08:23 PM
I have used WD40 for years, always carry a can in the tool box would never do without it, very good for cleaning rollers & one way clutches etc

Grey
05-26-2014, 12:15 AM
Best to have two techs on hand for this job.

Dipping the whole C454e into a vat of WD40 requires strength and focus.

I do agree that this may be the most complete fix for the bypass jamming thus far.

We should bring up this solution to SSD Tech Support.

Grey

Custom Search