PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Life span of my Konica Minolta C353?

Custom Search

biscuit
05-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Hi
can someone please tell me the life span of my Konica Minolta C353 in clicks?
not the consumables but the machine itself.
how many should it do before you upgrade?
mine has done 1404779 so far.

Thanks
Kevin

copier tech
05-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Any time now i'd expect it to die!
However that's like asking how many miles before my car dies, you put a new engine in a car it will go on & on, same with a copier, replace all iu's, fuser, xfer belt, rollers & it will go on & on, it all boils down to how much you or your service engineer are willing to spend!

biscuit
05-27-2014, 10:02 AM
Any time now i'd expect it to die!
However that's like asking how many miles before my car dies, you put a new engine in a car it will go on & on, same with a copier, replace all iu's, fuser, xfer belt, rollers & it will go on & on, it all boils down to how much you or your service engineer are willing to spend!

LOL!!!

ok but it there an acceptable life span in clicks for my machine?
we are on contract.
should the machine not be replaced after X amount of clicks?
That was the impression I got from the technician.

kingarthur
05-27-2014, 12:04 PM
According to the manufacturer, it's 1.5 million prints or 5 years, whichever is sooner

wseyller
05-27-2014, 12:08 PM
A lot depends on the environment in which the copier has been in. For example was it in an office or a dusty hot warehouse. Either way I would personally have it upgraded.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

biscuit
05-27-2014, 12:33 PM
A lot depends on the environment in which the copier has been in. For example was it in an office or a dusty hot warehouse. Either way I would personally have it upgraded.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Thank you for all your advice, it's really appreciated :)

MFPTech
05-27-2014, 03:21 PM
Hi
can someone please tell me the life span of my Konica Minolta C353 in clicks?
not the consumables but the machine itself.
how many should it do before you upgrade?
mine has done 1404779 so far.

Thanks
Kevin

biscuit
05-27-2014, 03:34 PM

Hi

"kingarther" said "According to the manufacturer, it's 1.5 million prints or 5 years, whichever is sooner"

where did you get your number from MFPTech?

kingarthur
05-27-2014, 04:14 PM

According to the product guide, 800k is for the C203, 1 million for the C253 & 1.5 million for the C353

biscuit
05-28-2014, 07:47 AM
According to the product guide, 800k is for the C203, 1 million for the C253 & 1.5 million for the C353

Well seeing as I have the C353 I guess it's 1.5

EarthKmTech
05-28-2014, 08:31 AM
I'd be willing to bet that registration roller is getting very stiff to turn now if its not had the bushings replaced/cleaned & lubed previously. Probably resulting in the occasional paper jam as the main motor struggles to turn at the correct speed or drifting registration due to the clutch being burned up.

If you replace all the parts that require attention they will go forever, i've had more than 2 million out of this series and have put one back into the field with 1.7m on the clock 2 years ago after going over it and refurbing it *properly* and it only comes in for parts calls to this day.

MPSABC
11-28-2014, 07:20 AM
kingarthur/mfptech

Can anyone direct me to a link where KM publishes this "machine life" info? I've been searching high and low - looks like a closely guarded secret and asking KM, you get answers that varies between unrealistic and impossible. I know Samsung refers to "set life" and I want to use the information to determine RMV over 48 months because I think it is the best indication as a typical KM brochure will tell you the bizhub 223 (as an example) recommended/max: 2,900/19,000 or the bizhub 363 7,900/48,000. None of which makes sense. Based on this information I can calculate and compare an effective Capex cost/click over machine life - just as an indication of "value for money".

Thanks!

Don N.
12-03-2014, 05:24 AM
bizhub C353 end of life (no more support) date per Konica Minolta is 05/2017, but hat meter is the highest I've seen personally. I would listen to the tech if financially able to upgrade, the newer models are better in many subtle ways. Probably isn't stocking or carrying many parts on his vehicle for it, training newer techs on it or seeing them regularly (except yours). If your thinking of getting him a space in your office and you know every pair of shoes he owns, it's time. He may be able to save you some on per page charge with a newer model. The C360 is a nice replacement.

habik
12-03-2014, 11:34 PM
I'd be willing to bet that registration roller is getting very stiff to turn now if its not had the bushings replaced/cleaned & lubed previously. Probably resulting in the occasional paper jam as the main motor struggles to turn at the correct speed or drifting registration due to the clutch being burned up.

If you replace all the parts that require attention they will go forever, i've had more than 2 million out of this series and have put one back into the field with 1.7m on the clock 2 years ago after going over it and refurbing it *properly* and it only comes in for parts calls to this day.

Agree on the reg. currently doing it on every machine whether it is 300k or 1.5m also clutches, cleaning as a part of tyres change. One way bearing(clutch) changing every 2nd-3rd tyre change.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Custom Search