PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta c451 Scanning/Copying PQ issue

Custom Search

geemcdoo
05-28-2014, 04:07 PM
Hi Guys

I have a strange problem when scanning or copying from the platen glass of the c451. The copies will come out with strange burn like marks on them. When I send the same page through the ADF the copies are fine. I've attached both copies (the clean one with the M in the top corner is from the ADF) to give you and idea.

I removed the glass and done a blank copy and the marks were still present ruling out the glass, I have also cleaned all the mirrors.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Jaime

Max
05-28-2014, 04:22 PM
Try moving a scanner all the way to the right psn then turn the copier on. See if the scanner vibrates as it moves back, or copy A3. Possibly sticking/missing runner pad on the scanner or some body greased up the runner.

sohail nazir
05-28-2014, 05:03 PM
dear i thing your scanner is miss align from one side or check the charger may be it short.

EarthKmTech
05-29-2014, 01:41 PM
yep, scanners bent or not in optical alignment in one way or another.

geemcdoo
06-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Thanks Max

It was indeed a black pad missing off the runner that was causing the problem. I removed the glass, slid the scanner along the rails and noticed that one of the pads was missing from the corner of the scanner assembly. Easy fix, i thought at one point i might have to change the assembly. Thanks again.

Custom Search