PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 751 drum shaft

Custom Search

Zackuth
05-28-2014, 10:58 PM
I have had two 751s inwhich the drum shaft bows or bends in such a way that the back of the drum will not seat correctly. The drum shaft ends up even with the inside of the first drum coupling so the second drum coupling will not seat. Has anyone seen this on on these (or any) machines? I cannot imagine it's anything I'm doing, but both problems happened after I had done a maintainence. Yes, I have done many and have not had any issues.

EarthKmTech
05-29-2014, 01:36 PM
only time i've ever had difficulty seating the drum cartridge the whole way in is when I've inadvertently forgotten to route the cables correctly on the back side of the cartridge.

if its a high volume machine perhaps the drum shaft bearing has exessive play, it shouldnt be able to wobble at all, all of mine are stiff and dont sag down.

Synaux
05-29-2014, 09:01 PM
all of mine are stiff and dont sag down.
Is that what she said? :P

I have a machine that I always have to play with it to get the shaft in the hole, but after some foreplay, I always get it in. (sorry for the double entendre).

Zackuth
05-30-2014, 02:12 PM
EarthKMTech, in the hours I spent looking for the problem during the first time troubleshooting, I tried all kinds of different solutions, but nothing worked. I finally decided to look at the shaft, but actually thought the rear bearings were the problem. After removing the drum and finding the imaging unit fit fine, I tried just the drum and found the drum did not seat far enough back. My thought was that even if the shaft bracing had been bent out of alignment, seating just the drum would bypass that issue. This customer has two 751's, so I took the imaging unit from the one that worked and tried to put it in the one that didn't and had the same problem. With the two machines, changing the drum shaft solved this problem.

Custom Search