PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub 350 DADF 605

Custom Search

bjohnson
05-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Single sheet going through the ADF works just fine, no problems. One sided or duplex, works good no problems. Put 2 or more sheets in the ADF and it will jam. When doing single sided, the first sheet gets 90% of the way out. When the second sheet feeds, and gets to the registration, it stops. Does not declare a jam, it just stops. The first page copy comes out of the machine, and the machines display shows as if it is still in process of copying. If I pull the fist sheet the rest of the way out of the ADF the machine declares a jam. Same thing if I pull the second sheet out, while leaving first on in place. Machine will declare a jam.

I tried cleaning all the sensors, optical reflectors, cleared paper path, even SWAPPED OUT THE DADF! This machine is still having the same problem with an entirely different ADF in place.

So, now im thinking it might be firmware or even a main PWB. Any thoughts?

JR2ALTA
05-29-2014, 07:22 PM
I've seen the machine stuck in processing for several minutes when the drum edges are worn so bad there is arcing that shorts the machine.

fixthecopier
05-29-2014, 09:08 PM
Single sheet going through the ADF works just fine, no problems. One sided or duplex, works good no problems. Put 2 or more sheets in the ADF and it will jam. When doing single sided, the first sheet gets 90% of the way out. When the second sheet feeds, and gets to the registration, it stops. Does not declare a jam, it just stops. The first page copy comes out of the machine, and the machines display shows as if it is still in process of copying. If I pull the fist sheet the rest of the way out of the ADF the machine declares a jam. Same thing if I pull the second sheet out, while leaving first on in place. Machine will declare a jam.

I tried cleaning all the sensors, optical reflectors, cleared paper path, even SWAPPED OUT THE DADF! This machine is still having the same problem with an entirely different ADF in place.

So, now im thinking it might be firmware or even a main PWB. Any thoughts?

Who do you work for? I am in town. I had a similar problem on an old di251. It would jam when detecting the second sheet because the auto sort would try to activate and that part of the board was bad on the finisher. Will it jam in test mode?

bjohnson
05-29-2014, 09:14 PM
Who do you work for? I am in town. I had a similar problem on an old di251. It would jam when detecting the second sheet because the auto sort would try to activate and that part of the board was bad on the finisher. Will it jam in test mode?

Running it in test mode works fine. From what I understand, a lot of test modes (also known as aging mode) will run fine with certain sensors in-op.

Custom Search