PDA

View Full Version : 7022 Developer initialization

Custom Search

Techaus
04-06-2008, 02:09 PM
In some of the 7022 machines after replacing the developer it is not intializing properly when doing the initialization.If i am trying to make copies some error code like 26 is coming.When doing dev.initialization,the "OK" message is not displayed at the message area and some code like 004 or something is appearing there.When i checked for that code it is showing that either TD sensor or boards are defective.But i am quite sure that they are ok as once i put back the old developer machine works properly.So please help me with some suggessions that how can I successfully put new developer in those machines....Thanks a lot

JEFFP
04-06-2008, 06:48 PM
I had it happen before. But most of the time the developer is not covering the sensor properly to begin the L-detect adjustment.

If you are just trying to install a different developing unit with used developer, you might need to go in the 36 mode, HV adjustment, toner auto supply. This brings the toner/developer ratio to the stored value in copiers memory.

I had this code happen once when trying to intialize new developer. The problem was that the copier needed a toner cartidge because it was calling for add toner. But I didn't think it should stop me from doing the L-detect. After I installed the toner, it allowed me to run L-detect.

Also be careful that your drum sensor is not covered with toner or setting powder. This does give a code also. I can't remember what that code number is.

Techaus
04-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks for your help indeed JEFFP. I will try your suggessions...Thanks a lot...

Custom Search