PDA

View Full Version : C452

Custom Search

adeyemi
05-29-2014, 11:39 PM
This c452 comes up ready but all the trays (trays 1 to 4 and bypass) don not work. It simply says "replenish paper" when there is paper in there. Pls help somebody.

wseyller
05-30-2014, 03:59 AM
All trays? Well maybe it is a failed printer control board. I would first firmware update. Reseat all connectors on the board and then replace the board. Do the sensors show OK in service mode? Any error codes in service mode history.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

EarthKmTech
05-30-2014, 11:23 AM
all of the trays are controlled by the paper tray driver board at the rear of the machine below the mfp board, not the prcb. I'm pretty certain it has a blown ICP as a wire has been pinched and shorted to ground reinstalling either tray 1, tray 2 or the bypass feed unit.

Noobs often make this error particiarly around the upper screw tab of the bypass tray, fortunately I am quick with my soldering iron and replacement icp's

adeyemi
05-31-2014, 12:01 AM
all of the trays are controlled by the paper tray driver board at the rear of the machine below the mfp board, not the prcb. I'm pretty certain it has a blown ICP as a wire has been pinched and shorted to ground reinstalling either tray 1, tray 2 or the bypass feed unit.

Noobs often make this error particiarly around the upper screw tab of the bypass tray, fortunately I am quick with my soldering iron and replacement icp's

Thanks for your contribution. I removed this board but cannot isolate the fault neither do i know how to fix it....could you kindly expantiate more on that your fix procedure. Thanks

RRodgers
05-31-2014, 12:57 AM
I'd start with a Trouble Reset

adeyemi
05-31-2014, 08:52 AM
I'd start with a Trouble Reset

Done that severally

EarthKmTech
05-31-2014, 08:49 PM
thoughly check and fix the wiring for the bypass tray, tray 1 & tray 2 feed units.

once this is done, replace the paper feed driver board. If you dont resolve the cause you will blow the new board too.

repairing the board is not officially allowed, I do it because I can, not because Its supposed to be done.

Custom Search