PDA

View Full Version : "The component is open." (pointing at the lower right door) when the door is closed.

Custom Search

blackcat4866
05-31-2014, 03:19 AM
I had a bizarre couple calls the other day. This is the first:

It's a bizhub 654e. Sounds simple, right? So I leave the tray two feed unit connected, unscrew it, an let it hang to the side. The meter tells me that my supply voltage to the doorswitch is 1.2vdc, and changes state from 0 to 1.07vdc ... what? Isn't that supposed to be 5.0vdc, changing state from 0 to 4.5vdc?

All the other sensors in the tray #2 feed section read the same ... very odd. Once I get the back cover off, and the power plugged back in, it's back to 5.1vdc, and changing state like it should. It sounds like time to dig out the power quality analyzer.

We'll have a nice 48 hour sample by Monday, but the 5 minute snapshot says it all: Every time the printer starts up, the ground to neutral spikes to 2.0vac then settles back down to 0.9vac. The machine also locks up in low power mode, and won't wake up without powering off/on.

What do you suppose are the chances they'll do anything about the power (other than complaining, that is)?

Max
06-02-2014, 12:40 PM
You probably have already done the SSD and main F/W upgrade. Should help with the lock up at least.

CompyTech
06-02-2014, 03:23 PM
You probably have already done the SSD and main F/W upgrade. Should help with the lock up at least.

I believe the SSD update is for 554e and lower.. But FW update should correct the low power lock up, I've had that issue before on that model.

blackcat4866
06-03-2014, 01:00 AM
Once we get some resemblance of acceptable power, then we'll worry about firmware. Do you know the level firmware to load? =^..^=

stevena86
06-03-2014, 02:25 AM
G00-E4 is the latest for the 4e series, I'd go with that.

Max
06-03-2014, 01:13 PM
I believe the SSD update is for 554e and lower.. But FW update should correct the low power lock up, I've had that issue before on that model.

Yes you right its up to 554e my bad.

Synaux
06-04-2014, 06:55 AM
Let me guess, they have the lights, the computers, a 554e, and a Large Hadron Collider all on one circuit.

Hope you get it sorted out :)

Grey
06-05-2014, 01:06 AM
Quick power fix.

A great tech from years ago, "Mr. Scott", was fatigued from re-calls at a local school.

He explained that the copier required correct amps and voltage to preform to specs.

No one really could be troubled by the silly copier tech.

Until he brought out a special machine cord made for the school.

The hot and ground wires were twisted together to blow the circuit breaker.

Using leather gloves to protect his hands, he inserted the cord into the wall outlet.

A bank of teachers computers went down, along with the water cooler.

The power issue was corrected the very next day.

No one at the school knew exactly what had really caused the outage.

Grey

byronf
05-19-2018, 03:29 PM
Hi Genlteman,

I need assistance with this issue. What was the resolution to this problem?

Custom Search