PDA

View Full Version : C650 ghosting and "halo" marks...

Custom Search

methogod
06-01-2014, 01:06 AM
Machine has a lot on it, but after fixing so many other issues - seems like this shouldn't be that complicated.

Tried upping the voltage, +1 / -7 thing.

Here are images...

you can see on a 30 page stapled set, where it used to get better, after the first 10 pages, now it doesn't go away.

belt is almost brand new, black IU is not far behind. From what i can tell its toner, not DV building up on the transfer roller.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/nkihdnvp760gea6/AACOF268Yezt6LaNh7IbrT5Oa

I am guessing i should try to swap out the Black image unit see if that helps it out...

blackcat4866
06-01-2014, 01:56 AM
It looks like primary charge to me. Yes, I know your black IU is almost new ... but it still looks like charge. =^..^=

methogod
06-01-2014, 02:09 AM
sorry i am not great with these, they have always been plug and play for me...

so replace black IU?

blackcat4866
06-01-2014, 02:19 AM
I haven't worked on that many C650's myself, but I think I'd see if I could disassemble the IU far enough to clean the charge unit. I expect you're going to find lint in there somewhere. =^..^=

methogod
06-01-2014, 05:17 AM
ok, i have C451 same model same IU etc...

just put a brand new BLACK IU, has only "361" on it...

1st observation, moving the "bad" IU to the C451 - the prints are fine, clean, look perfect....

the "SWAP from the C451 in the C650" is now back to where it was, prints good after 10 pages to clean itself. Almost like the transfer roller will need to be cleaned or replaced.

I can test that swap as well....

anything else to check?

if this helps on the C650 the last issue was the Yellow IU failed two in a row - dropping toner at the near side of the machine.

has not happened since, wonder if i should keep the fine transfer adjut at 3 across and 7 for the next option... accordion the buliten.

Machine has just under 1,000,000 on it.

blackcat4866
06-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Is it a dirty environment? Perhaps you've got toner or dust in the laser. What about the fuser inlet guide or pre-transfer guide? I've seen paper lint disturb the image just before fusing, producing a similar effect.

I'm assuming that your reports are printed LTR, and the lines are in the feed direction. I just can't imagine primary transfer or secondary adding to the image. Transfer problems will subtract from the image, but never add to it. Transfer cleaning issues usually look streaky, not faded at the edges like your same does.

What happens if you emergency stop the machine with a partially developed image on the primary transfer belt? What does it look like? =^..^=

Zesti
06-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Could not see ur image. I assume u have problem with K IU.
Have you dismantle the K IU?
If not try reseatting the K unit firmly by adding additional packing on it's locking lever.

methogod
06-01-2014, 08:55 PM
I am seeing the two faint lines on the belt, and the transfer roller.

Put the brand new black IU in to the C650, better but not gone.

Will run something this week and see what happens.

I have already done the packing mod to keep the Black IU locked in tight.

Custom Search