PDA

View Full Version : black toner shade

Custom Search

Sanremus
06-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Konica Minolta C451

Started when printing envelopes, a black stain/shade ruining the prints, visible in half of the page, waste toner box had warning on screen to replace soon, waste toner box was replaced, but problem remains.
Anyone has a clue what it could be?

stevena86
06-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Looks like a secondary transfer issue. Check your secondary transfer roller and see if it has a toner waste/extra toner built up in it.

minimerlin
06-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Replace the K IU!

Sanremus
06-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Looks like a secondary transfer issue. Check your secondary transfer roller and see if it has a toner waste/extra toner built up in it.

I will check for toner deposits on the rollers and transfer belt.

Sanremus
06-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Replace the K IU!

k IU is pretty new, i believe it has around 2500 prints if that much

Synaux
06-03-2014, 06:37 AM
Considering your waste toner, try vacuuming the waste line on the IUs themselves. Also clean the HV contacts on IUs and inside the machine.
While your checking the tranf belt take the panel off and vacuum the waste system on it.
While your there also clean the IDC sensors.

If no luck then replace the k IU.

Also, ensure the guide sheet mod is installed (although this much shading seems to exceed any primary/secondary voltage issue imo)

Gaffers01
06-03-2014, 10:30 AM
If you take the K iu out it will have a build up of developer on top, ive seen this loads, mostly on machines that use compatible toners.

You can clean it out, but sometimes it will return if it does replace IU.

Sanremus
06-03-2014, 04:04 PM
If you take the K iu out it will have a build up of developer on top, ive seen this loads, mostly on machines that use compatible toners.

You can clean it out, but sometimes it will return if it does replace IU.

It was the K IU had build up toner on top, big quantity, the reason why, i don't know, probably the waste toner box was at it's limits.

Took out the transfer belt, cleaned it and cleaned the K Unit the best i could, put it back, and solved the problem of the black shade, image quality got reduced a bit, maybe still need to do some runs. if doesn't improve then i will change the K unit, which is still new :/ .

Sanremus
06-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Thank you all for replying so quickly.

Synaux
06-04-2014, 06:09 AM
It was the K IU had build up toner on top, big quantity, the reason why, i don't know, probably the waste toner box was at it's limits.

Took out the transfer belt, cleaned it and cleaned the K Unit the best i could, put it back, and solved the problem of the black shade, image quality got reduced a bit, maybe still need to do some runs. if doesn't improve then i will change the K unit, which is still new :/ .

Do you have the bracket mod installed for the K IU?
If not, wedge some paper or something between the blue latch to make a more secure fit, which helps ensure that the HV contacts make a good connection.

Also, like Gaffers noted--it is a common issue with these series (and in my experience, it happens with OEM toner too)

Custom Search