PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Print to Bizhub C284

Custom Search

Soteria17
06-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Never had this question before. Guy calls me into his office and says he is sending his new Ricoh back because it won't print from their iPhones. Wouldn't this be more of a network issue? I never had a request for this, but I was thinking about quoting a Bizhub C284. Though I would check on here to see if anyone had experienced networking with the iPhone and encountered any problems. Thanks!

darry1322
06-02-2014, 07:42 PM
I didn't see anything in the specs that indicated the c284 has Airprint capability built in which allows native printing from the iPhone. There is a Pagescope app for the iPhone that gives you some print function and you could always add an Airprint print server to the network.

emujo
06-02-2014, 09:14 PM
You can download and install the "Pagescope Mobile" app, it is available for android, and IOS. The MFPs must be networked, and the MFPs must be accessible over the wireless network. Using the app is pretty straight forward, but there are user docs available to explain the setup process. You can print from you device, and scan back to it using WebDAV, or email. Emujo

ThursdayFun1
06-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Never had this question before. Guy calls me into his office and says he is sending his new Ricoh back because it won't print from their iPhones. Wouldn't this be more of a network issue? I never had a request for this, but I was thinking about quoting a Bizhub C284. Though I would check on here to see if anyone had experienced networking with the iPhone and encountered any problems. Thanks!
it would be better if you could have an airprint enabled printer, the official list is here: About AirPrint (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356)
there are other work arounds like installing apps, print n share seems to be a popular one

HoonBoy
06-03-2014, 07:27 PM
You can install Airprint activation, it can run as service on background on a printserver, printers installed via Bonjour can directly be used as Airprinter... I tried myself and it works! Follow all steps:

How to enable AirPrint for Windows (http://www.airprintactivation.com)

slimslob
06-03-2014, 08:03 PM

You did not mention the model of Ricoh. Most newer Ricoh models do have AirPrint capability but it is a JAVA VM AP. The Ricoh sales person most likely did not fully explore the customer's current and future requirements. Don't make the same mistake.

Custom Search