PDA

View Full Version : Foil paper through a 1200p or c8000

Custom Search

AB1984
06-05-2014, 09:02 AM
We have a client who wants up to print on foil paper (I'm not sure how much foil there is, if its on the side to be printed). It could be anywhere from a small hologram in the corner (which I'm pretty sure we could cope with). to some complex pattern that covers the sheet.

I was wondering if anyone else here had had similar demands made of them? At present we're flat out refusing on the ground that anything conductive should not go through the conveyance route.
But it would be interesting to hear if anyone else has similar experiences..and how it turned out

Also, we've asked for a tester, are there any tricks we should employ to make it more successful?

Cheers

blackcat4866
06-06-2014, 01:01 AM
We had a funeral home printing Italian made pre-printed prayer cards with metallic foil glitter. The copier was a Sharp Cougar, and we got several opportunities to replace shorting transfer separation units. It also collected in the developing unit and presented as random specks on low fill prints and copies.

It's definitely not on the recommended media list for any electrostatic copier. =^..^=

Custom Search