PDA

View Full Version : C452 control panel blacked out

Custom Search

duane@pbbsinc.com
06-05-2014, 09:15 PM
This has been an ongoing issue that keeps popping up on this machine.
All firmware is current, the printcontroller board has been replaced, the mfp board has been replaced, the harness going to the control panel has been replaced.
I am going to swap the control panel tomorrow and see if this resolves it.
After it has been rebooted and reseated several times it will start to work then down the road in a short couple of weeks they call back.
Has anyone seen the hard drive cause this issue or any other odd part on this machine.

stevena86
06-05-2014, 10:46 PM
I have had on a different model, but the same generation the DIMMs on the MFPB go bad and the control panel is just blank. It will act like it's turning on for a second and then just go idle with no progress to even the hour glass screen. Might be worth looking into.

duane@pbbsinc.com
06-06-2014, 12:14 AM
I have had on a different model, but the same generation the DIMMs on the MFPB go bad and the control panel is just blank. It will act like it's turning on for a second and then just go idle with no progress to even the hour glass screen. Might be worth looking into.

I thought of that and swapped with same memory to no evail i forgot to mention that in my post thanks good idea. I also swapped Hdd with no change.

stevena86
06-06-2014, 02:53 AM
You could be having a NVRAM issue. I would try the latest firmware and NVRAM recovery in that case and see what you get.

uedele
06-17-2014, 06:21 PM
I thought of that and swapped with same memory to no evail i forgot to mention that in my post thanks good idea. I also swapped Hdd with no change.

Had the same problem with a c360. Also changed mfp and memory and panel. The thing that worked was a nv ram clear and re setup of machine. I know its a schlep but i think that will sort ur problem.

Custom Search