PDA

View Full Version : Konica L detection problem

Custom Search

04-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Reset the machine now L detection problem. I ran the L detection check and im getting a 0005 code after wards. I checked TDC sensor and cleaned it it was fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Luther
04-07-2008, 04:27 PM
What model?

04-07-2008, 04:37 PM
O sorry Konica Minolta 7145

Luther
04-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Your the same guy who set machine back to factory defaults in a previous post, why would be my 1st question?

04-07-2008, 04:54 PM
It was for another service tech i just figured i would ask for him. But anyway ive been sent to work on the machine and i have no idea how to fix it, i talked to konica and did everything they said to do.

JEFFP
04-07-2008, 06:17 PM
what did you do that Konica said to do?

pepper38_cnd
04-08-2008, 11:05 PM
If he used the factory restore in the adjustment mode it simply resets all adjustments to original value does not affect L detect or counters. I will assume since he is trying to run L detect that he has changed the developer, ( L detect should not be done if developer has not been replaced, and usually won't complete successfully. ) So in order for L Detect to be completed successfully after a developer change, the following must be correct or working.

1. The patch on the drum must be read ( sensor is in the drum carriage )

2. HV must be working ( check wires and door contacts and insulators )

3. Drum must turn properly ( make sure setting powder applied and blade is not flipped )

4. Developer assy must be working (check to make sure mixers turn freely, the bushing mainly the rear are know for failing)

If all of the above is correct and still no go I would start by replacing the TD sensor, but usually if the TD sensor is bad you will get a 26-? code.

If L detect crashes immediately after pressing start it is usually 1, 2, or 3 above.

pepper38_cnd
04-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Sorry I just looked back and you actually use the 47 mode to initialize machine, probably not a good idea, If you are not prepared to set up the machine again as if it was new. The very least you will have to do is install new developer.

CMB
04-09-2008, 11:23 AM
all this because he should have REPLACED the TDS sensor on the Developer unit instead of cleaning it. think about it for a moment. what good do you think you done by wiping off that sensor. there is nothing there to wipe off. those TDS sensors on the dev units of 7145's fail often. just replace it and try to run l-detect again.

Custom Search