PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 25 (Muratec MFX-2550) won't accept USB firmware update

Custom Search

mascan42
06-06-2014, 09:19 PM
I have a Bizhub 25 (same as a Muratec MFX-2550) that was intermittently saying the storage had been replaced & asking for the admin password. This started a few days after I replace the main board, and I've performed the setup routine several times, only for the message to come back 2-3 days later. Another tech told me to format the CF card, and now the machine just constantly reboots, and won't accept a firmware update via a flash drive.

Now here's the trick. Even before I replaced the main board, I had tried to update the firmware only for it to reject the flash drive. Could the CF card be corrupt? And since it's backordered, would a stock CF card work?

Kidaver
06-06-2014, 09:48 PM
We had a business that purchased one of these after replacing the board first then the machine with another 25 wasn't long before we did the same thing again with board and new machine....and after the third time we just put in a kyocera FS1135...these machines seem to be junk or we just got really really shitty luck with ours...

stevena86
06-06-2014, 10:45 PM
As for the CFCard question: These are usually very specific from Konica, as in they have a ROM only Konica can put on there. When we order them, they have warnings about not formatting the CFCard ever, as formatting the card destroys it and makes it useless.

TL;DR. Not generic. Have to get it from KM.

RRodgers
06-07-2014, 03:49 AM
They are formatted within a VX works environment.

mascan42
06-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Hm. What about the original problem? It was giving the "storage has been replaced" message every few days and won't accept a USB firmware update. Could that be an issue with the CF card, or is it just the main board and I'm wasting time waiting for a new card to come in?

rrrohan
06-08-2014, 12:51 PM
What do you mean it won't accept firmware? At what point does it fail

stevena86
06-08-2014, 03:30 PM
It could be either. Either you have a corrupted firmware card wherein every time the copier starts, it reads from the FW card and since it's corrupted causes weird issues like the one you wrote about, or the MFPB is going bad and it can exhibit the same kind of problems.

Only way to tell is to do the troubleshooting chain. Start with the easiest (CFCard) and move to the harder/more expensive.

Mr Spock
06-09-2014, 01:30 AM
SOLUTION: Perform the following steps.
1. There is no password, leave the password field blank and push enter.
2. Update the admin password back to the default password of "12345678" using steps below.
a. Push "Settings" button.
b. Touch "Management".
c. Touch "Next".
d. Touch "Admin Password".
e. Type in "12345678" as password.
f. Touch "Enter".
g. Type in "12345678" again.
h. Touch "Enter".
i. Touch "Close".
j. Touch "Close" again.
k. Try to log in as an administrator through web browser using password "12345678".

Custom Search