PDA

View Full Version : C284e- life message, password for service mode

Custom Search

Lezorgad
06-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Hello my friends,

I am owner of c284e and I need to know, how I can disable the end of life message for consumables and What is the password for service mode ?

Thanks for your answers.

fishleg
06-09-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure how true this is but if its not the default 1234567812345678 your screwed... I was told it would take a new nvram to reset it back to factory. Id love to be wrong though but that's what Konica told me when I asked.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

emujo
06-09-2014, 01:27 PM
If this is a new MFP, and you purchased it w/o a maintenance contract, then I feel for you down the line...The tech that installed the MFP should have given you the info you requested and could have reset the admin password very easily. I do not give out passwords, but recommend that you call the dealership that sold you the MFP and have them give you this info. BTW, what reason would you have for needing to access the service mode? I can see a few items in admin mode that you might want to adjust, but many of my customers just want to configure the billing settings to make adjustments to the page counts, which is a no-no for contracted customers. Emujo

After re-reading your post, I see you want to disable the life messages...these new mfps are already configured for "run until failure" for the consumables, but the messages are on by default. If you can get into service mode, you can find the settings under system 2, unit change.

Custom Search