PDA

View Full Version : C203 not printing yellow??

Custom Search

Cookr
06-09-2014, 01:03 AM
OK working on this Bizhub C203 and there is no yellow printing at all and there is no codes what so ever the tech before me did something with the fuse on the transfer belt and replaced the yellow imaging unit and he had no yellow at all so he asked me to go out and replace the laser which i didnt think was the problem as there was no code for it but i did it anyway an it did not work when i print out test pages and anything there is no yellow not anything not a dot, smear, line anything I dont know what is going on any ideas out there?

wseyller
06-09-2014, 01:51 AM
I had this same thing happen with a C25 just the other day. Yellow totally non existent with no errors. Totally different machine I know but the image unit was not fully seated. It happened after the user changed the yellow toner and likely caused the IU to become not fully seated. Maybe this resolution could be applied some how in your situation. Maybe the IU is not seated properly or there is some disconnect between the IU and the main unit. I would make sure the drum is turning by placing a mark on a gear and see if it changes position.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

stevena86
06-09-2014, 04:01 AM
You get no P codes? If you open and close the main door, it should run a stabilization and then report at least a P-21 code, which is a test pattern registration failure.

My suggestions:

1. Try a new image transfer belt, since he only replaced the fuse. There are 4 primary transfer rollers inside the belt, and if the yellow roller is bad, it will not pull toner off of the drum.

2. Emergency stop the machine while doing a yellow half-tone pattern and see if there is any yellow on the drum surface or image transfer belt surface.

3. Check your voltages and springs on the Low-voltage power board that sits behind the MFPB/PRCB housing.

rrrohan
06-09-2014, 10:29 AM
I'm shocked it isn't giving p code. If its do a stabilisation and not give p code the imaging unit must be working

EarthKmTech
06-10-2014, 01:29 AM
HV board failure is not uncommon on this engine. I've had it before.

It may be weak and working enough to satisfy the no P-code symptoms but not good enough to actually work properly.

mikeena
06-17-2014, 12:28 AM
i would print the halftone and stop before transfer to check if it is on transfer belt. if not you know it has something to do with the second transfer. My thought would be image unit probably screwed up. i have similar issues before but at least there was some toner on the paper. . did you shake the i.u. before installed. Or like others even said the connection in back is no good. One other thing you can do is take i.u. to another machine. just some ideas

Cookr
07-08-2014, 09:10 PM
It was the transfer belt. Thanks for all the responses still don't know why all of the sudden it decided to not like yellow.

Custom Search