PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 601 hourglass on display. that is it

Custom Search

brent
06-09-2014, 11:47 PM
so this machine will fire up. heaters come on etc. but the hourglass will never go away. I am searching the manual now
just wondered if this is a cf card issue or? thanks
brent

brent
06-10-2014, 12:01 AM
also I see on page 90 of the parts manual there are 2 different part numbers for the cf card item number 34 and 41 both us destinations

A0PNR72211
OR
A0PNR73300 both of which could show from the book to fit into the slot
what am I missing?

thanks again
brent

rrrohan
06-10-2014, 12:17 AM
I really can't work out why a CF card is region based

rrrohan
06-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Did you try CF card recovery?

brent
06-10-2014, 12:39 AM
I will look it up before I order Thanks

stevena86
06-10-2014, 01:05 AM
Either corrupted CF Firmware card or bad NVRAM.

brent
06-10-2014, 06:33 AM
I am going to try to get it fixed tomorrow with your guys recommendations

brent
06-10-2014, 09:38 PM
I was a to look in the service manual. but I did not find a procedure on the cf card reset. is this a rewriting of the card?
any help would be appreciated. on the same token I have another bizhub 601 with a c 193 which is cf card related as well
seems to be my lucky day

thanks
brent

stevena86
06-11-2014, 01:14 AM
I only have experience with this on the 501 and lower. And with that, there is a base 10 firmware you download from the KM site and start with that. Then you have to sequentially upgrade the firmware, version by version.

The base firmware is written to a CF firmware card and inserted in the machine, and the rest of the firmware is written to a USB drive and inserted in the machine while the machine is on and the firmware is updated via the service mode.

You cannot skip firmware levels. You have to go from 10 to 11 to 12 etc. After certain versions, you have to perform a "HDD Version Up" which is in the service mode as well, otherwise you get HDD errors. If you look up that C-C193 code on the KM Knowledge Base, there should be a ticket that has instructions on replacing the CF Firmware card and then re-upping the firmware IIRC. It should be filed under the 501 series, I believe.

Whether the two are done the same, someone else with experience will have to confirm.

tervel12
06-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Before replacing the CF card you can try to rewrite the firmware. There is a base firmware file available for download on the KM site (I think it shows up under special firmware). Be sure to download for the correct model, 601 or 751.

Do the following to rewrite the firmware:

1. Remove the CF card from the copier.
2. Place the CF card into a reader on your laptop/computer.
3. Your computer may ask to format the card, DO NOT FORMAT the card.
4. Create a new folder on your desktop.
5. Open Windows Explorer and browse to the CF card.
6. Cut and paste all of the files and folders to the folder you created on your desktop. (you can delete them later if everything works)
7. Extract the base firmware file you downloaded and copy the files and folders to the CF card. (the structure should resemble that of the files you removed)
8. Place the CF back into the copier and power it on.
9. You can now flash it to the latest version. (It has been my experience that you do not have to step up the firmware like on the 420/421's, but you can if you so choose)

Reminder: DO NOT FORMAT THE CF CARD.

If you do, you will have to purchase a new one. The CF cards are formatted with VxWorks file system and I have never seen an easy way to reformat them with this file system.

Hope this helps.

brent
06-12-2014, 10:50 PM
[the baffling part isotherm are 2 part numbers for that card both in the USA region. Which one is the right one???

QUOTE=tervel12;421694]Before replacing the CF card you can try to rewrite the firmware. There is a base firmware file available for download on the KM site (I think it shows up under special firmware). Be sure to download for the correct model, 601 or 751.

Do the following to rewrite the firmware:

1. Remove the CF card from the copier.
2. Place the CF card into a reader on your laptop/computer.
3. Your computer may ask to format the card, DO NOT FORMAT the card.
4. Create a new folder on your desktop.
5. Open Windows Explorer and browse to the CF card.
6. Cut and paste all of the files and folders to the folder you created on your desktop. (you can delete them later if everything works)
7. Extract the base firmware file you downloaded and copy the files and folders to the CF card. (the structure should resemble that of the files you removed)
8. Place the CF back into the copier and power it on.
9. You can now flash it to the latest version. (It has been my experience that you do not have to step up the firmware like on the 420/421's, but you can if you so choose)

Reminder: DO NOT FORMAT THE CF CARD.

If you do, you will have to purchase a new one. The CF cards are formatted with VxWorks file system and I have never seen an easy way to reformat them with this file system.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

brent
06-19-2014, 07:34 PM
I do not have a card reader writer for this card so I ordered one from minolta yesterday. I just installed the card and now it is japenese
I ordered number AOPNR73300 the other us number for the card had the old in the part number. did I order the wrong one?
also are these formatted already? just need a little help if possible

brent

tervel12
06-19-2014, 08:19 PM
I do not have a card reader writer for this card so I ordered one from minolta yesterday. I just installed the card and now it is japenese
I ordered number AOPNR73300 the other us number for the card had the old in the part number. did I order the wrong one?
also are these formatted already? just need a little help if possible

brent

Here is the solution from KM's knowledge base:

Solution ID
TAUS1002175EN* Solution Usage 11

Description

Dark display panel.

Main power light is lit and the Start button flashes between blue and amber .

Alternates between hourglass display and "dark" display.

Solution

CAUSE:A surge in line power to the machine has caused the CF boot firmware to fail or has corrupted the VxWorks® formating on the OACB CF card.

SOLUTION:Rewrite version 10.0 Base firmware to the OACB CF card.If issue remains after rewriting the firmware to the card, replace the OACB CF card

(p/n A0PN R722 00).

Note : Before upgrading the firmware beyond the base level, change the administrator password.To do this, perform the following:

1. Enter Service Mode.

2. Press Stop, 0, Clear on the 10-key pad of the control panel.

3. Touch Administrator Password.

4. Enter the administrator password.

5. Touch End.

CAUTION : DO NOT FORMAT the CF card or delete files on CF card. These cards are formatted in VxWorks® format. A laptop running Microsoft®

Windows will format them in the FAT format and render them unusable.

When downloading the Base firmware version10.0 file do not point the download to the CF card. Point ONLY to file folder created on thedesktop naming it

"new CF 751/601".

Note : There is a different part number for the bizhub 601/751 CF card if version 20 firmware or later is installed. (p/n A0PN R722 11)

If your card is in Japanese, it looks like the part number you ordered is: A0PNR73200. (According to the parts manual, anyway) There are 2 cards listed in the parts manual but the 601 only has 1 card. It looks like you should order item #34, which is the item listed in the solution above.

They are formatted already but yours would appear to need the US base firmware written to it. You would, of course, need a CF card reader/writer to do this. You can pick them up cheap on ebay, or spend a little more at BestBuy.

brent
06-23-2014, 05:39 PM
I ordered part number A0PNR73300 was that the wrong one?

brent because that will help me proceed to the next point or try to use this one
thanks again

brent

tervel12
06-23-2014, 06:21 PM
According to the solution, and looking through our call history, you need A0PNR72200. This comes with base version 10 loaded on it and you will need to flash it to version 20 and then to 30.

You could try removing all of the files on the card you have and copying the base 10 files onto it but if you do not have a card reader, then you should just order the correct card.

emujo
06-23-2014, 07:00 PM
The Japanese market is correct when you order a new CF card. You just need to change the marketing area back to US. I know the icons are in Japanese, just use the SM to guide you to the correct keys to get you back. Emujo

brent
06-27-2014, 06:27 PM
well you guys are genious the card which came in japaneese certainlly fixed the problem once I was able to get into another machine to figure out how to get into system 2 marketing area I am pretty stoked. thanks!
also the other machine I have had a c193? or something line that. and I swapped cards and the new card fixed that machine as well
its going to be a good day!!!!! thanks again guys

brent

brent
07-02-2014, 04:40 PM
the new card worked as funny as it may seem I had 2 machines. both of them needed cards. life is good now
with the hourglass not being present. and the other machine not jamming. thanks for the help

brent

brent
07-02-2014, 04:48 PM
the new card worked as funny as it may seem I had 2 machines. both of them needed cards. life is good now
with the hourglass not being present. and the other machine not jamming. thanks for the help

brent

Custom Search