PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C-D004 error code in ineo 363

Custom Search

toac990
06-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Hi
We have purchased this machine 2 years back with option-1(No HDD) as we did not need the secure print or usage log etc. options. But now, we are in process of implementing those systems. Therefore, the machine needed to add an HDD.

So, when we installed the HDD, it starts giving the error code C-D004. I have done the physcial format thru the service mode > state confirmation > hdd/ssd adj. But I am not able to do the logical format as it stuck on 0% for long time. (To be noted, I have tried with a different hdd too. I am sure, if the cable was bad, I would not be able to do the physical format.)

Any suggestion appreciated.

emujo
06-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Where did the drive come from? Just any old drive you had hanging around or from the KM dealer and with the correct power/data cables? BTW, the 363 came with a HDD pre-installed so not sure why you didn't get it. So, assuming you got the drive from KM and had all the parts and install instructions, you should have gone into service mode, set the HDD to "Set", formatted (logical) the drive, then done the SSD to HDD data copy, and another logical format. Finally you would load the movie data. If you missed any of these steps, the drive would not be recognized correctly and would generate that code. You may also need to update the firmware to the latest version. Let us know... Emujo

toac990
06-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Where did the drive come from? Just any old drive you had hanging around or from the KM dealer and with the correct power/data cables? BTW, the 363 came with a HDD pre-installed so not sure why you didn't get it. So, assuming you got the drive from KM and had all the parts and install instructions, you should have gone into service mode, set the HDD to "Set", formatted (logical) the drive, then done the SSD to HDD data copy, and another logical format. Finally you would load the movie data. If you missed any of these steps, the drive would not be recognized correctly and would generate that code. You may also need to update the firmware to the latest version. Let us know... Emujo

Thank you emujo. As per the advise from the dealer, this is a newly purchased 500GB sata harddisk for laptop and the normal sata cable + satapower. And we have purchased the option 1 with no hdd but with feature. I have been able to do upto physical format but unable to do the logical format as it stucks at 0% always.

Do you think a firmware upgrade will help? It is a Develop brand machine. Where can I get firmware.

I hope I am in a perfect place to have the solution.

emujo
06-10-2014, 06:12 PM
It might be the HDD size, I believe this was a 250GB HDD originally, I think we have replaced a few with 320 GB drives, but nothing around 500 gb. Are you doing the Copy SSD data to HDD step? It's a must for this to work. Emujo

toac990
06-10-2014, 06:25 PM
It might be the HDD size, I believe this was a 250GB HDD originally, I think we have replaced a few with 320 GB drives, but nothing around 500 gb. Are you doing the Copy SSD data to HDD step? It's a must for this to work. Emujo
I have tried with a 160GB hdd too. It's the same.

2nd point, unless I do the logical format, how will I be able to copy the SSD data to HDD?

emujo
06-10-2014, 06:55 PM
CAUSE: Because the MFP has a Solid State Drive (SSD), when the HDD option was turned on with no drive in machine an error was generated.

SOLUTION: Perform a logical format of the SSD.
1. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
2. Touch these keys in this order: [State Confirmation] > [Memory/HDD Adj.] > [SSD
Format].
3. Touch [Physical Format].
4. Press the Start key to start the formatting sequence.
5. The sequence will be automatically terminated as it is completed.
6. Turn OFF the main power switch for more than 10 seconds then turn it ON.
7. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
8. Touch these keys in this order: [State Confirmation] > [Memory/HDD Adj.] > [SSD
Format].
9. Touch [Logical Format].
10. Press the Start key to start the formatting sequence.
11. The sequence will be automatically terminated as it is completed.
12. Turn OFF the main power switch for more than 10 seconds then turn it ON.
IMPORTANT: Formatting the hard disk will erase all data contained in it. The following shows the data deleted by formatting the SSD.

Program

Address Book

Authentication method setting

User authentication setting

Account track setting

User Box

User Box setting

Documents in User Boxes

Confidential User Box setting

Bulletin Board

After you do this, follow the steps for installing the new HDD. If this doesn't help you will need to call a qualified tech. Emujo

toac990
06-10-2014, 07:03 PM
CAUSE: Because the MFP has a Solid State Drive (SSD), when the HDD option was turned on with no drive in machine an error was generated.

SOLUTION: Perform a logical format of the SSD.
1. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
2. Touch these keys in this order: [State Confirmation] > [Memory/HDD Adj.] > [SSD
Format].
3. Touch [Physical Format].
4. Press the Start key to start the formatting sequence.
5. The sequence will be automatically terminated as it is completed.
6. Turn OFF the main power switch for more than 10 seconds then turn it ON.
7. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
8. Touch these keys in this order: [State Confirmation] > [Memory/HDD Adj.] > [SSD
Format].
9. Touch [Logical Format].
10. Press the Start key to start the formatting sequence.
11. The sequence will be automatically terminated as it is completed.
12. Turn OFF the main power switch for more than 10 seconds then turn it ON.
IMPORTANT: Formatting the hard disk will erase all data contained in it. The following shows the data deleted by formatting the SSD.

Program
Address Book
Authentication method setting
User authentication setting
Account track setting
User Box
User Box setting
Documents in User Boxes
Confidential User Box setting
Bulletin Board

After you do this, follow the steps for installing the new HDD. If this doesn't help you will need to call a qualified tech. Emujo

Hey
Where can I download the firmware from.

emujo
06-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Only a certified KM tech can download the firmware, but there are people on this site that will sell it to you. Emujo

toac990
06-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Only a certified KM tech can download the firmware, but there are people on this site that will sell it to you. Emujo

Glad with your kind help dude.

Wish to know, how much it may cost and who will sell it to me.

Custom Search