PDA

View Full Version : Konica minolta c452 color registration off

Custom Search

duane@pbbsinc.com
06-11-2014, 04:52 PM
I have a c452 with color reg. failing after a couple of days and then I do stabilization and it comes back.
Units that were replaced were c,m,y, image units.
Cleaned the id sensor array and performed stabilization.
Held for two days then threw reg. off again.
I manually adj. registration then defaulted back after call back.
If you have any suggestions on what course of action repaired your machines with this symptom please forward any suggestions. My next course of action will be swapping transfer unit with a working one and then the sensor array.
Thanks

emujo
06-11-2014, 05:00 PM
Do you have Bizhub Secure installed on the MFP? There was an issue with this that caused registration problems. Emujo

kingarthur
06-11-2014, 05:01 PM
I had exactly the same problem,after I updated the firmware, it never happened again

duane@pbbsinc.com
06-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Do you have Bizhub Secure installed on the MFP? There was an issue with this that caused registration problems. Emujo

I believe firmware is up too date what version are you talking about that has what you described in your post "bizhub secure installed".

emujo
06-11-2014, 05:32 PM
Bizhub secure is an option that encrypts and locks the HDD to the MFP. One of the overwrite features caused a image shift problem. The firmware the earlier poster is talking about is a special firmware just for the registration issue. If you are at the latest "base" firmware, then it might not be updated. Emujo

duane@pbbsinc.com
06-11-2014, 05:51 PM
The copier is actually an NECIT45c6 when nec closed shop in 2013 there firmware files no longer were monitored and updated I dont believe I have access to konica minolta firware and nec does not post special firware.
Ill see what my service manager wants me to do about konica minolta support we are using at this time.
Thanks for heads up.

darry1322
06-11-2014, 06:58 PM
I had one that was varying registration from front to back of the machine. I replaced the transfer belt and the IDC sensors. If I remember correctly I also did a skew reset.

If it is varying from lead to trail, you may need to replace the loop detection sensor just before the fuser.

Custom Search