PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C360/DF-617 Duplexing Issue

Custom Search

stevena86
06-11-2014, 10:52 PM
Called to a customers location today for an issue they had with duplexed copies. Their originals are 2-sided, and they are doing a 2-sided to 2-sided copy job. Original is about 50 pages in length. After the adf pulls around 10-15 pages, it starts to print a vertical line on the leading edge. Eventually the line gets thicker and darker, and then eventually the entire copy has a grey background to it. The background does not go to the edges of the paper, though. I plugged my laptop in to the copier and printed off a 50 page 2-sided document, and the problem never appeared. It is exclusive to the ADF.

At this point, I am stumped as to whether it is a mechanical issue that is throwing off the timing or an electrical. It also only occurs on duplex. If I run any amount of simplex originals through the ADF, the issue never occurs. Any ideas on what mechanical parts I should look at that would cause such an issue? I am going back with a spare ADF board in the morning to see if I can either rule out electrical, or solve it with the spare board.

Samples are below.

blackcat4866
06-12-2014, 12:30 AM
I think I'd:
1) Clean and check the white plate
2) Clean all optics, including CCD lens (don't touch the painted screws!)
2) Do the shading adjustments in the manual.

=^..^=

stevena86
06-13-2014, 12:51 AM
Took a spare DF-617 with me this morning to the customers location and completely swapped the two. Problem still persisted even with a different ADF. Problem is somewhere in the machine. Called Konica, and they had nothing. Only thing they had with similar symptoms, they never found an answer to. I'm having the machine brought in to the shop to look at. Few things I've gathered from other techs to look at are the ribbon cables going from the CCD to the board in the back. Do a trouble reset to clear the image processor board. Check the power supply to make sure it isn't causing any sort of weird voltage issue.

I also tried all of the things blackcat recommended and none resolved the issue.

I've also added a few more samples to this thread in case anything there makes a light bulb in your heads go off.

blackcat4866
06-13-2014, 01:47 AM
I wonder if one of the voltages is sagging. That would account for both dimming exposure lamp and slowing DF motor speed.

I'd start by checking the schematics to identify the associated source voltages, track them back to the PS, then monitor those voltages while duplexing. =^..^=

kingarthur
06-13-2014, 10:24 AM
This was recently posted on the infohub, by KM for exactly the fault you are describing

Advice and Solution
Please replace the scanner drive belt and motor.

Item 18 - A02E M10A 00 Stepping motor
Item 20 - A0ED 2756 00 Belt 210L
Note: Install Motor and Belt as per manual

TAGB1400972EN

stevena86
06-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Really? Why in the hell would the guy at Konica not point me towards that? Haha. I will check it out and post the results.

Do you also have a link to that post by chance?

kingarthur
06-13-2014, 12:54 PM
unfortunately I can't post a link, as it is only visible if you're logged into their technical website, it was posted by them on 15th may, found it yesterday when looking for something else, will try to copy & paste & send it to you via pm

stevena86
06-27-2014, 01:08 AM
After being busy as hell the past two weeks, I was able to get some time to finally go look at this thing today and here's what I found.

Taking the information from kingarthur, I looked at the scanner motor/scanner belt assembly in the back of the scanner. I found that when you would duplex copy, the scanner motor would move the optical unit every scan. What would happen during the movement was, it would move the scanner, reset it and then do about a 1mm tick. After about 25 scans, the ticks added up to it moving the optics far enough away that it would start scanning the frame of the scanner, instead of the originals. I replaced the scanner motor and scanner belt, but that did not resolve the issue. What I found after further inspecting the scanner, was that the white pulley (p/n A0ED 2755 01) that the belt attaches to to move the optics in the scanner would wobble when rotating. The wobble is what was causing the ticks.

To resolve this whole thing, I just swapped out the entire scanner deck assembly with a spare one and called it a day. Hope this helps someone else in the future.

blackcat4866
06-27-2014, 01:19 AM
Which pulley? Thanks for sharing Steven. =^..^=

stevena86
06-27-2014, 01:46 AM

That pulley. I suspect the entire shaft was bent or something. I know what a pain it is to re-string these, so I didn't even bother haha

Custom Search